Invoke AutoIt pause via a set hotkey

Mayor

Hi...

I have been trying to do this and I figure its probably an easy fix but couldn't find an answer when I searched....

I have a function that "pauses" the current script when a certain hotkey is pressed. The way this is done is by going in a while loop and testing for a certain _ispressed() call to tell me the "unpause" key was hit. Instead of using this while loop I would like to use AutoIt's Tray Icon pause option..... but I don't know how to invoke this without using the tray icon and the mouse. I realize that I cannot use a hotkey to "unpause" if I use the AutoIt tray icon pause option, but thats functionality I am willing to give up. So I just need a way to programmatically invoke the Tray Icon pause. Any help would be great.

- Mayor

not true...

see HotKeySet() in help

at the bottom of the page is a great example of how you can use a hotkey to pause and unpause a script

8)

Thanks for giving this a look..... I know that I can use a hotkey to unpause if I implement the pause using a while loop. I currently have it set this way. What I was referring to was, if I find a way to use AutoIt's pause functionality, I wont be able to set a hotkey to restart the script.... since AutoIt's tray icon pause (I assume) completely stops script execution, including the evaluation of hotkeys set by the user. I may be wrong though. Either way I dont mind losing the "unpause" hotkey, as I can just click the tray icon to start the script running again.