VBS to AU3

iceberg

Hi,

Can someone kindly help me to convert the attached vbscript to AU3. I have tried using the VA Convert but I have alot of errors.

Thanks.

I have used the visual basic to autoit converter myself found here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=12143&st=

I also get errors, but not so many that they can't be fixed by hand. You simply need to go in and fix each problem line by line. Make sure you use SCITE and use the BetaSyntax checker each time you fix a line to get the line with the next error.

I believe I already fixed two errors:

#include <date.au3>

;On Error Resume Nexts
Const $HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = "&H80000002" ;this value wasn't in quotes

;~ $Serverpath = GetINIString("Config", "ServerPath", , "Inventory.INI") ; this is not a valid autoit function, you simply needed to change this to the below

$Serverpath = INIRead("Inventory.INI","Config","ServerPath","")

Sorry, don't have the time to do the whole script, but i hope this helps and at least gets you started. Remember, the script converter isn't perfect, it does 90% of the work for you, but you are still required to do the last 10% yourself.

-The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Maybe a bit diffrent aproach. As i noticed the script has bunch of WMI calls. Maybe instead of rewritting it try to find scriptomatic au3 version in Script & Scraps. Then for each WMI call from VBS find the one that corresponds to it (i'm sure those are there). Then work from there. Easier way i think then converting exactly your script as you will have to change mutliple other things to work.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

• Developers

Don't try to make a vb script into autoit it will make your head go boom.

Speaking out of experience ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I am really getting sick of you dnsi. You have made exactly 10 posts here today and as well as I can see, only one was actually useful. Even then, the post was only marginally acceptable as "help". It was really more like you were telling him off for using autoit to try something instead of using visual basic. This begs the question - what exactly are you here for? Are you just wasting your time? If so, you are also wasting others time. If so, PLEASE waste your time elsewhere.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?