change image of button or checkbox on click

jennico

hello,

this program is really good stuff, i am so impressed.

my first post in this forum. i've been coding around for a while with autoit using the programm and forum help, but now getting on to gui i'am stucked in a problem that i cant seem to solve.

it is a configuration skript and i want a gui with 5 checkboxes to de-/activate certain options. since my script is made for a touchscreen i want big buttons with images instead of the checkboxes. ok so far so easy.

e.g.

$Checkbox_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Zoombar Buttons (left)", 20, 40, 150, 180,$BS_PUSHLIKE+$BS_bitmap)

GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"no.bmp") ; if unchecked

furthermore i want the images in the checkboxes now to change when checked and rechange when unchecked, so that you cant distinguish the state of the checkbox.

like this

GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"yes.bmp") ; if checked

can anyone help me how to change the image when clicked? i tried to enter a variable instead of the bmp file and redefining this variable on GUICtrlSetOnEvent, but it didn't change the image. maybe the mistake is that you have to enter GUISetState() afterwards, but it doesn't accept a second setstate command.

i wouldnt mind using the GUICtrlCreateButton instead of checkboxes if it helps to solve my problem. i hope someone might be able to give me a working clue. i think i have come to a dead end, please lead me out.

thanx j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

hello,

this program is really good stuff, i am so impressed.

my first post in this forum. i've been coding around for a while with autoit using the programm and forum help, but now getting on to gui i'am stucked in a problem that i cant seem to solve.

it is a configuration skript and i want a gui with 5 checkboxes to de-/activate certain options. since my script is made for a touchscreen i want big buttons with images instead of the checkboxes. ok so far so easy.

e.g.

$Checkbox_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Zoombar Buttons (left)", 20, 40, 150, 180,$BS_PUSHLIKE+$BS_bitmap)

GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"no.bmp") ; if unchecked

furthermore i want the images in the checkboxes now to change when checked and rechange when unchecked, so that you cant distinguish the state of the checkbox.

like this

GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"yes.bmp") ; if checked

can anyone help me how to change the image when clicked? i tried to enter a variable instead of the bmp file and redefining this variable on GUICtrlSetOnEvent, but it didn't change the image. maybe the mistake is that you have to enter GUISetState() afterwards, but it doesn't accept a second setstate command.

i wouldnt mind using the GUICtrlCreateButton instead of checkboxes if it helps to solve my problem. i hope someone might be able to give me a working clue. i think i have come to a dead end, please lead me out.

thanx j.

case $msg = $Checkbox_1
   if GuiCtrlRead($Checkbox_1) = $GUI_CHECKED then
       GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_1,"yes.bmp")  ; if checked
   else
       GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_1,"no.bmp")  ; if unchecked
   endif
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

thanx so much for your fast help. it works !

i solved it like this for the first checkbox:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

;Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1)

GUICreate("Multy-functions", 400, 600)

;GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,"Terminate")

$Checkbox_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Zoombar Buttons (links)", 20, 40, 150, 180,$BS_PUSHLIKE+$BS_bitmap)

GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"no.bmp")

;GUICtrlSetImage (1,"yes.bmp")

$Checkbox_2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shortcut Buttons (oben)", 20, 230, 150, 100)

$Checkbox_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Winamp und Lautstärke Buttons (rechts)", 20, 340, 150, 100)

$Checkbox_4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Frontend Funktionen (unten)", 20, 450, 150, 100)

$Checkbox_5 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Home und Menü Button (links unten)", 20, 560, 150, 20)

GUISetState()

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

case $msg = $Checkbox_1

GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_1,"yes.bmp") ; if checked

else

GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_1,"no.bmp") ; if unchecked

endif

EndSelect

;Sleep( 10 )

WEnd

Exit

thats the way you ment it to be?

j. :-) :-)

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

thats what i was just wondering about. thanx, good to know.

i will just try it, sorry for wasting space.

;Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1)
GUICreate("Multy-functions", 400, 600)
;GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,"Terminate")
$Checkbox_1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Zoombar Buttons (links)", 20, 40, 150, 180,$BS_PUSHLIKE+$BS_bitmap)
GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"no.bmp")
;GUICtrlSetImage (1,"yes.bmp")
$Checkbox_2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shortcut Buttons (oben)", 20, 230, 150, 100)
$Checkbox_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Winamp und Lautstärke Buttons (rechts)", 20, 340, 150, 100)
$Checkbox_4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Frontend Funktionen (unten)", 20, 450, 150, 100)
$Checkbox_5 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Home und Menü Button (links unten)", 20, 560, 150, 20)
GUISetState()
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
    case $msg = $Checkbox_1
        GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_1,"yes.bmp"); if checked
        else
        GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_1,"no.bmp"); if unchecked
        endif
EndSelect
;Sleep( 10 )
WEnd
Exit

Edit: okay, now i got it working

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

hello

i've got a second question on that issue. my script changes the image of the checkbutton (konfig0/1) correctly, but doesn't change the "pic" (wa1/0) in the same way. the pic is not changed on the first click, but on the second and more click everything works fine.

i don't get the logic, why my pic will not be changed on first click. what is wrong ?

j.

#include <file.au3>

GUICreate("(c)jennico2006",800,600,-1,-1,BitOR($WS_POPUP,$WS_THICKFRAME))
GUICtrlCreatePic ("konfig.jpg",0,0,800,600)
GuiCtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_DISABLE)

$Checkbox_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Winamp",728,143,58,57,$BS_PUSHLIKE+$BS_bitmap)
    GUICtrlSetState (-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
    GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"konfig1.bmp")
    $desti_3 = ",LoadSkin(Destimap:winamp)"

$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("",446,550,112,42,$BS_bitmap,$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)
    GUICtrlSetImage (-1,"fertig.bmp")
GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
    case $msg = $Checkbox_3
                                if GuiCtrlRead($Checkbox_3) = $GUI_CHECKED then
        GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_3,"konfig1.bmp")  
        GUICtrlCreatePic ("wa0.jpg",679,115,39,256)
        else
        GUICtrlSetImage ($Checkbox_3,"konfig0.bmp") 
        $desti_3 = ""
        GUICtrlCreatePic ("wa1.jpg",680,119,38,247)
        endif
    case $msg = $Exit
        ExitLoop
EndSelect

WEnd

i omitted the other checkbuttons and pasted only the important lines .

thanx

Spoiler

okay, but the "pic" is outside of the checkbutton and inside the background. that doesn't matter?

the other thing is that "image" requires a bmp and a jpg consumes less disk space (better to upload in a forum). or can i use any type of image ?

but still stays the "first click" problem.

thanx

j.

Spoiler

not tested

#include <file.au3>

GUICreate("©jennico2006", 800, 600, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_THICKFRAME))
GUICtrlCreatePic("konfig.jpg", 0, 0, 800, 600)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

$Checkbox_3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Winamp", 728, 143, 58, 57, $BS_PUSHLIKE + $BS_bitmap)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "konfig1.bmp")
$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic("wa0.jpg", 680, 119, 38, 247)

$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("", 446, 550, 112, 42, $BS_bitmap, $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "fertig.bmp")
GUISetState()

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $Msg = $Checkbox_3
            If GUICtrlRead($Checkbox_3) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                GUICtrlSetImage($Checkbox_3, "konfig1.bmp")
                GUICtrlSetImage($pic, "wa0.jpg")
            Else
                GUICtrlSetImage($Checkbox_3, "konfig0.bmp")
                $desti_3 = ""
                GUICtrlSetImage($pic, "wa1.jpg")
            EndIf
        Case $Msg = $Exit
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect

WEnd

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.