Get CPU Temp?

Getting the temperature of a CPU requires complicated hardware queuing and is difficult to implement. I suggest finding what kind of motherboard you have and then go to the manufacturers site. Some motherboards don't even have temperature sensors and some don't make them available for programs to queue.

The first step here is to find out what hardware you have. Each motherboard is different and therefore has a different hardware API. A universal program is difficult to make because it has to be able to correctly detect the motherboard type and what kind of API it has.

If you don't have any luck try using Motherboard Monitor. I have used it in the past and had some success with it. I now use ASUS PC Probe, but it only works with ASUS motherboards. I also briefly looked at MSDN to see if there was a temperature queuing command, but i had no success in finding one. I hope this helps.

-The Kandie Man :lmao:

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• Moderators

heyho, whats up with "wmi" ? i heared about it in another forum (samurize), a interface.

its possible to get wmi-data with autoit ?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=scriptomatic

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

But how to all these temperature monitor programs grab cpu temps? That's what confuses me. There must be some sort of way to grap sensors without having to know the motherboard.

I do have a few dlls for a temp monitor program for my MSI motherboard. But how do I use them without knowing anything about them in the first place?

I did find this dll: http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/speedfanplugin.html

But the real issue then, is, how to use it.

Edited by Slythfox

I'm confused...

I've tried a few things:

$hPlugin = PluginOpen(@scriptdir & "\speedfan.dll")
$value = speedfan(2, 3, 0)
msgbox(0, "", $value)
PluginClose($hPlugin)

$handle = DllCall("speedfan.dll", "int", "speedfan", "int", 2, "int", 3, "int", 0)
msgbox(0, "", $handle)
None of these work.

I would check into some WMI code. The Scriptomatic link was posted above.

Here is a bit of search I performed on MSDN.com.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....are_classes.asp

(HeatPipe) You may even try MotherboardDevice in the same page.

If WMI doesnt work then the PluginOpen() option is for you to create your own DLL using their open source code, and creating an AutoIt ONLY Dll.

If you want to use their DLL you will need to learn the intricate workings of DLLCall().

Edit: If that DLL is indeed a plugin for that program like AutoIt Plugins are for AutoIt then the DLLCall will not work. PluginOpen will only work on AutoIt plugins.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I never thought something so easy would turn out so hard... I'm still unsure how to do this. I've never heard of WMI or Scriptomatic before.

Well, looking at the "Computer Information Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3" script, it is apparently using WMI, as the AutoIt syntax looks very close to the example VB script for Win32_HeatPipe. However, I don't see where any useful data could be retrieved from Win32_HeatPipe. Seems useless to try, unless it's hidden in a name or description.

• Moderators

Edit: If that DLL is indeed a plugin for that program like AutoIt Plugins are for AutoIt then the DLLCall will not work. PluginOpen will only work on AutoIt plugins.

JS

How about that Posted Image on my part :lmao:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Question, do you mind using a 3rd party software to read the temps. from the probes? If so, i've written something to read everest, which then I take the everest readings, and use that to display to my LCD screen. Just let me know if your interested in doing something like that.

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

dont you need already installed temperature gages in your comp case to do this stuff?

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

dont you need already installed temperature gages in your comp case to do this stuff?

I thought they were one of those "Pay many for nothing" features. AndIm pretty sure you dont need one to get the temperature, or else there would be chaos.
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #