How to make a IF that checks if first letter is a letter or number

Rorax

I want to do a search (know that part) that checks if the first letter of the filename is a letter (a,b, c) etc. And if it is a (1,2,3%,¤,",!,/ basically anything that isnt a letter) non-letter it will skip to the next letter in the filename and do it again. But I dont really know if there is a easy way to do it without using tons of IF's.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Regards,

Rorax

Edited by Rorax

• Moderators

I want to do a search (know that part) that checks if the first letter of the filename is a letter (a,b, c) etc. And if it is a (1,2,3%,¤,",!,/ basically anything that isnt a letter) non-letter it will skip to the next letter in the filename and do it again. But I dont really know if there is a easy way to do it without using tons of IF's.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Regards,

Rorax

$sString = '1adf.txt'
If StringIsAlpha(StringLeft($sString, 1)) Then MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'Chr is Not a Number')
If StringIsDigit(StringLeft($sString, 1)) Then MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'Chr is a Number')

$sString = 'adf.txt'
If StringIsAlpha(StringLeft($sString, 1)) Then MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'Chr is Not a Number')
If StringIsDigit(StringLeft($sString, 1)) Then MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'Chr is a Number')

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks for the quick responce, I'll try it out right away. But if I get it correct it will check if its either a number or a letter. But what if its a character like %, ¤, (, ), [ or ]. Will it count as a letter or a number?

edit: I searched the help file with the stringis that you used, and found StringIsASCII which shows special characters. Thanks again for your help

Edited by Rorax