Pause script execution

Solomon

Im trying to create an installer for Microsoft Virtual PC. The setup.exe file has several subfolders. Ive compiled the setup and subfolders into a sfx file, "VirtualPC2004SP1.exe". This extracts it's contents into c:\virtual pc\, and then the script runs c:\virtual pc\setup.exe.

FileInstall("VirtualPC2004SP1.exe", @UserProfileDir & "\local settings\temp\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")
Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @UserProfileDir & '\Local Settings\Temp\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe"', '', @SW_HIDE)
WinWait("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:")
If Not WinActive("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:") Then WinActivate("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:")
WinWaitActive("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:")
Send("{DEL}c{SHIFTDOWN};{SHIFTUP}\virtual{SPACE}pc{SHIFTUP}{ENTER}")
ProcessWaitClose("VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")
Run("C:\Virtual PC\setup.exe")oÝ÷ ØÞy×è®Ø^±üm¡ø§È^ÆÚÚrا+lríz{lmçè­ëazÇ+lµªí²Ø^±ën¥ì^rëZnWº×¯z{a¢è!"¯y«­¢+ÙAɽÍÍ]¥Ñ
±½Í ÅÕ½ÐíY¥ÉÑÕ±AÈÀÀÑM@ĹáÅÕ½Ðì¤
in there, the script continues running. It cant find the setup.exe, because it hasn't been extracted yet. Short of putting in Sleep(10000), is there anything I can do?

Ive verified in the Task Manager that VirtualPC2004SP1.exe is the correct process name, and is recognised by Windows correctly. If I add in the Sleep(), then the script works fine. Ive tried adding a timeout of 20 seconds (plenty of time for the sfx to finish extracting it's contents, as it only takes about 5, and the process is closed within 7). So I figure Im doing something wrong with the ProcessWaitClose. Can anyone point out what it might be, please?

For one thing (although I doubt this is the answer), you can do this:

Run(@UserProfileDir & '\Local Settings\Temp\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe')oÝ÷ Ø@ÈN)ìµæ¡ûay¦è½çh¶¬jëh×6FileInstall("VirtualPC2004SP1.exe", @TempDir & "\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")
Run(@TempDir & "\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")oÝ÷ Ù.v÷öÙÞyÛayÊ&²bjw!jx¶¬r^jëh×6If Not WinActive("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:") Then WinActivate("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:")
WinWaitActive("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:")oÝ÷ Ú)í¡«­¢+Ù]¥¹]¥Ð ÅÕ½Ðìܵi¥ÀͱµáÑÉÑ¥¹É¡¥ÙÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíµÀíáÑÉÐѼèÅÕ½Ðì¤oÝ÷ Ú'ò¢æ¥²!jx¶¬jëh×6Send("{DEL}c{SHIFTDOWN};{SHIFTUP}\virtual{SPACE}pc{SHIFTUP}{ENTER}")oÝ÷ ÚÚ-+wm+"ú0Ømå¢Ú0"wèN%jëh×6ControlSetText("7-Zip self-extracting archive", "E&xtract to:", "Edit1", "C:\Virtual PC")

Then report back with the updated script and results.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

OK, new code is

FileInstall("VirtualPC2004SP1.exe", @TempDir & "\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")
Run(@TempDir & "\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")
WinWait("7-Zip self-extracting archive","E&xtract to:")
ControlSetText("7-Zip self-extracting archive", "E&xtract to:", "Edit1", "C:\Virtual PC")
Send("{ENTER}")
ProcessWaitClose("VirtualPC2004SP1.exe")
Run("C:\Virtual PC\setup.exe")oÝ÷ Øl²Ø¥Úòx-¢»§¶¬zÛ©{+z+^Æ+-°@ÈM:âyØ­Â+aZ)Öj+B¶Ø­²Ø¥Ú²}ý·¢µ«­¢+Ù¥±%¹Íѱ° ÅÕ½ÐíY¥ÉÑÕ±AÈÀÀÑM@ĹáÅÕ½Ðì°QµÁ¥ÈµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈíY¥ÉÑÕ±AÈÀÀÑM@ĹáÅÕ½Ðì¤)IÕ¸¡QµÁ¥ÈµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈíY¥ÉÑÕ±AÈÀÀÑM@ĹáÅÕ½Ðì¤)]¥¹]¥Ð ÅÕ½Ðìܵi¥ÀͱµáÑÉÑ¥¹É¡¥ÙÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíµÀíáÑÉÐѼèÅÕ½Ðì¤)
½¹Ñɽ±MÑQáÐ ÅÕ½Ðìܵi¥ÀͱµáÑÉÑ¥¹É¡¥ÙÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíµÀíáÑÉÐѼèÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí¥ÐÄÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíèÀäÈíY¥ÉÑÕ°AÅÕ½Ðì¤)M¹ ÅÕ½Ðíí9QIôÅÕ½Ðì¤)Õѽ%ÑMÑ=ÁÑ¥½¸ ÅÕ½Ðí]¥¹Q¥Ñ±5Ñ¡5½ÅÕ½Ðì°È¤)]¥¹]¥Ñ
±½Í ÅÕ½ÐíáÑÉÑ¥¹ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÁɽÉÍÌÄÅÕ½Ðì¤)IÕ¸ ÅÕ½ÐíèÀäÈíY¥ÉÑÕ°AÀäÈíÍÑÕÀ¹áÅÕ½Ðì¤
Edited by Solomon

Have you try to get the process num with

$processNum=Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @UserProfileDir & '\Local Settings\Temp\VirtualPC2004SP1.exe"', '', @SW_HIDE)

and then

ProcessWaitClose($processNum)

Also seen in the help file : (maybe it's not an issue)

In order to work under Windows NT 4.0, ProcessWaitClose requires the file PSAPI.DLL (included in the AutoIt installation directory).

Edited by tresa

Thanks for your help, guys! :lmao:

I got it working with tresa's example. When I tried this-is-me's example, I got a warning later on in the install routine about a missing file. Im thinking that the setup executable was running before everything else had been extracted?

Thanks again for your help.