Change the font color of only some of an inputbox.

Hey guys, A quick question before I head off to church. How would I change the text color of only parts of a inputbox on a gui? For example, I'm making a chat program. I want the messages that say somebody had joined or left the channel to be red instead of the normal black that the rest of the text is , but I want the rest of the type to still be black. This all has to be done in one inputbox so I am really unsure how to do this. If there was a way to have something like GUICtrlSetColor set the color of maybe just a certain line of the inputbox or just some of the text, I would love to know it. Thanks.

Hey guys, A quick question before I head off to church. How would I change the text color of only parts of a inputbox on a gui? For example, I'm making a chat program. I want the messages that say somebody had joined or left the channel to be red instead of the normal black that the rest of the text is , but I want the rest of the type to still be black. This all has to be done in one inputbox so I am really unsure how to do this. If there was a way to have something like GUICtrlSetColor set the color of maybe just a certain line of the inputbox or just some of the text, I would love to know it. Thanks.

can't be done in a normal input control or edit control, you need to use something like a richedit or even embed word into the gui.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

can't be done in a normal input control or edit control, you need to use something like a richedit or even embed word into the gui.

this can be done i was searching myself

i did this

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)  ; Change to OnEvent mode 
$installwindow = GUICreate("ECC application installer - progress", 400, 400) 
$installlog = GUICtrlCreateEdit("ECC Installer started: [" & @ComputerName & "]" & @CRLF & "-----------------------------",10,10,380,380,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL+$WS_VSCROLL+$WS_VSCROLL+$ES_READONLY,$WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xffffff)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,0x005500)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

this can be done i was searching myself

i did this

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)  ; Change to OnEvent mode 
$installwindow = GUICreate("ECC application installer - progress", 400, 400) 
$installlog = GUICtrlCreateEdit("ECC Installer started: [" & @ComputerName & "]" & @CRLF & "-----------------------------",10,10,380,380,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL+$WS_VSCROLL+$WS_VSCROLL+$ES_READONLY,$WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xffffff)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,0x005500)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
the user was asking to change only "Part" of the text color not "All"

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

been trying to modify an example i found in the help file using RICHTEXT. Some luck so far but I think I'll be able to get it to work with some more tinkering. Thanks.

yw

hmm... i'm having one main problem with using the richtext. Is there like a prefix that will make text after it be effected. As a hypothetical example, lets say I wanted to make the text "This is a test" be red. Could I put it in <red> "This is a test" <\red> tags and make it red. I'm pretty sure just doing that wouldn't work but is there a similar system for setting colors i could use because right not i'm using

" $font_color = _ChooseColor(0,0,1)

$oRP.SelColor = $font_color"

but you have to select the text to change its color. I want a way to only set the color of some text but not have to select it and have it automatically be colored (hope that makes sense). If there is like a readme for the richtext thing i'm using, could someone please point me to it?