PHP, MySQL and AutoIt...

First off... yes... I have looked at the mysql UDF's and have used them to accomplish what I wanted but now I want to try something different....

Does anyone know or has anyone tried to access a MySQL database through PHP using AutoIt?

Example... say I want someone to run a program from any computer connected to the internet. I want that person to be able to "log into" the program using a password and login name. I want that information to go into a PHP url that will query the MySQL database and return the value of a specific field. The need for this is simple, the MySQL UDF's require you to install the ODBC drivers. I cannot have these drivers installed on certain machines due to permission restrictions and/or policies and proceedures set inplace by the organizations that own the computers.

I have already created a test php script that will return the data to the IE window it was browsed to in. What I am getting at is to have AutoIt access the URL then have the PHP script return or pass a result to AutoIt. Probably impossible, I've been looking at all sorts of past posts, but nothing is that specific.

Any questions, suggestions or solutions?

You could if u really wanted to.

#include <IE.au3>

_IEOpen ( "http://www.site.com/emp.php?user=username&pass=password" )

But that would be like so easy to get. My suggestion, use SQLite, 1 DLL and 1 Regserv32 and your done.

• Moderators

aha! I got it to work after fiddling around with the php and using the HTTP UDF's found elsewhere on this site. If there is some interest, I'll post the code for the au3 and php... or anyone can PM if interested.

GJ on finding your own issue!! :lmao:

Yes, that would be great to post your findings/solutions... That way when someone visits your thread topic in a search, they may find just what they are looking for.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

GJ on finding your own issue!! :lmao:

Yes, that would be great to post your findings/solutions... That way when someone visits your thread topic in a search, they may find just what they are looking for.

Thanks... as soon as I get things cleaned up a bit I will do it!