Not a noob to programming but I have no clue how to use this language.

Hojima

I'm just your average noob in this language and I don't know what values to put into the functions ect...

So it would be nice if someone could direct me to a large comprehensive guide to this so that I would now how to get around from beggining to end. If not, then I'll just say what I want to design so that you tell me how I would go about doing that.

First off, I'm trying to make a video game macro (I know how tired people are about seeing these types of posts) that will identify monsers based on their colors and click on them. It will then use the spells that it needs to and pick up the money when it dies, as well as moniter the amoun of potions left. Once the potions get to a small amount, it must then proceed to return to town and buy new potions to repeat the process.

Unbelivable that no-one has pointed you to the help file. It is located in your installation as Autoit.chm. Samples for each function and keyword.

Darn, you beat me to it. Worship the help file as a god. It deserves it.

I absolutely agree... with both of you

It's just that i have found when someone is "really" new, they dont know what to look for.

Thats where Autoit 1-2-3 comes in, it gives direction and helps top make sure they have SciTE and Beta

i Worship SciTE also, i would be lost without it!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I am sure there are a lt of people here that would disagree with you on SciTE

what editor do you use?

8)

I for one, disagree with him =P
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

I know that everything that I've been told helps, but the guide that would be most ideal is one that works like your typical programming book, starting out with how to declare variables and then proceeding to graphics programming. One of the first things that I did was press shift-f1 when I downloaded it and tried to do some macros on paint.exe, but when I tried to do things like get the mouse to click and drag, the parameters it gave me, like "button", didn't specify much. But autoit 123 pretty much helps with that, although its not as user friendly as I predicted. But that doesn't realy matter since I have a fair amount of time on my hands.

but when I tried to do things like get the mouse to click and drag, the parameters it gave me, like "button", didn't specify much.

what do you think the examples are for? (scroll down after you are at the mouseclickdrag function page in the help file) ,and use common sense... what do you use to click and drag? (a mouse) How many buttons are there on your mouse? (not that many...)

Edited by Kickassjoe

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

what do you think the examples are for? (scroll down after you are at the mouseclickdrag function page in the help file) ,and use common sense... what do you use to click and drag? (a mouse) How many buttons are there on your mouse? (not that many...)

No need to get snippy now...

:lmao:

Also, if you don't feel like opening your start menu for the helpfile, This is an online copy located here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/

Yeah, it did present the options, but when I tried to use common sence and typed in "left", it just gave me an error

If there is something that is not making sense, and you can't figure it out with the helpfile or searching the forums (See here)

Feel free to post you question, and include some code that demonstrates what is is you are doing, and I'm sure many people would be happy to help you.

Just for reference, a proper MouseClickDrag() call should be like this

MouseClickDrag("Left", 100, 100, 200, 200, 3) ;substitute coords/speed to your liking
Edited by Paulie

I guess my only mistake was that it was case-sensitive.

No it is not case sensative, posting what you are trying could solve this problem much faster than me just stabbing randomly in the dark

(Note: when posting code surround with the [ autoit]Code here[ /autoit] tags just remove spaces)

Ok then, all I really need now is some help with variables and their use. Can someone just tell me how to declare variables and define them enough to find out many pixel colors in various positions and display their value in a message box?

Ok then, all I really need now is some help with variables and their use. Can someone just tell me how to declare variables and define them enough to find out many pixel colors in various positions and display their value in a message box?

Helpfile, tutorial by LxP, AutoIt 1-2-3.