AutoITX3 and @error

lgodfrey

In AutoIT, if you use a function like ControlGetText, it returns the text, but returns a null string if there is an error plus sets @error to 1.

Is @error accessable from AutoITX3 for the same funtions? I think I need it to differentiate between a blank string in the "button" field as opposed to the button field not existing for my error trapping logic.

Regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

• 4 weeks later...

NO.

Function Failure:

Approximately 95% of the functions return a numeric 0 and the rest a blank string (""). You can use these values in your error trapping but you will have to test each function to see the return first since there is no documentation yet.

Thanks, I thought so.

I get the impression as I use it more it must be pretty difficult to set things up so that AutoITX can return anything but a single variant type value. I quess I can see why that might be.

However, it seems to be very stable for me, although I an in no way a "power user". ( I only use half dozen methods so far, but I literally execute them millions of times a week :ph34r: ).

It has made my life a lot easier,

Thanks

"I'm, Lovin' IT, X"

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

Thanks, I thought so.

I get the impression as I use it more it must be pretty difficult to set things up so that AutoITX can return anything but a single variant type value.  I quess I can see why that might be. 

However, it seems to be very stable for me, although I an in no way a "power user".  ( I only use half dozen methods so far, but I literally execute them millions of times a week  :ph34r:  ).

It has made my life a lot easier,

Thanks

"I'm, Lovin' IT, X"

Larry

me too!

Just now getting into vbscript to use with hta menus. I've shared a few scripts if you have anything I'd love to see it

rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

In AutoIT, if you use a function like ControlGetText, it returns the text, but returns  a null string if there is an error plus sets @error to 1.

Is @error accessable from AutoITX3 for the same funtions?  I think I need it to differentiate between a blank string in the "button" field as opposed to the button field not existing for my error trapping logic.

Regards

Larry

I'm going to add another function called Error() or GetLastError() or something that will be the eqivalent of the AutoIt @Error value.