Still learning - Simple script for IE to Fullscreen

gsb

So I am still learning all these functions, noobe here.

I would like to open this as a full screen "chromeless" window.

How might I do that?

#include <IE.au3>
$window = _IECreate("www.google.com", 0, 1, 1, 0)
Send("+AutoIt +fullscreen +_IECreate" & @CRLF)

Thanks,

gsb

"Did you ever stop to think? ...and forget to restart!"

Here is what I was looking for I believe:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe -k " & $filename, @WorkingDir)
WinWait("")
$handle = WinGetHandle("")

Thanks ya'll.

gsb

Here is what I was looking for I believe:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe -k " & $filename, @WorkingDir)
WinWait("")
$handle = WinGetHandle("")

Thanks ya'll.

gsb

if you look at the "flags" for run you will see that you can use @SW_MAXIMIZE

or simply use ShellExecute

ShellExecute ( "www.google.com", "" , @WorkingDir, "open", @SW_MAXIMIZE )

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

OK and thank you.

But is there something wrong with the code I used?

I do not understand the difference. :lmao:

gsb

Welcome

No, there is nothing wrong with your script. The question is from the begining of this post i understood you want the $handle to "maximize" the Internet Explorer

that is done in "one" line of script above

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Well TY Valuater.

See this experiment of mine as a first time AutoIt scriptor (yeah right!) is to make a Flash "projector.exe" file that avoids some of the flash player security restrictions.

Normally these are run in a "kiosk" mode from local content as distributed on a CD. This configuration imposes some restrictions on access to local and remote (web based) resources.

I wanted to see if I could easily duplicate the "look-and-feel" of such a presentation while removing most of the accompanying restrictions.

So I started by embedding a small (1k) flash movie (.swf) in a scripted control. A little code in this movie lets it talk, i.e. send and receive events/data to and from the script. So it has pretty much unlimited access to system resources; limited only by the capabilities of an AutoIt script.

The second part was to add some code to this controller .swf that allows it to communicate with any other flash movie currently running on the same machine. This allows me to add local resource access to any local or web based flash movie.

This (thread) was the final step in my "proof-of-concept" - developing the CD autorun files so the .ini file will start up the compiled AutoIt script and subsequently the target content. If the user has a live internet connection, it will load a web based HTML page, and if not, a local (on the CD) page.

This thread was about finding the code to open the content as a full screen, or "kiosk" application.

Too many words, I know, but I posted a simple example in another thread already: Earlier post.

Obviously not the autorun code but the compiled AutoIt script and it's controller.swf.

The application simply echos the command and arguments inputs either from the AutoIt script or from the page's embedded javascript to demonstrate access. At the same time it logs the activities on the users machine in the working directory, gsb_fscp.log.

Thanks again all for this proved successful for me, although there is a lot more to do yet. But isn't there always?

gsb