Remote Support Port Listener

_Chris_

Hi We have a remote support program which allows us to tell users to download client 1 - 5. Each download sends in a request to our public ip address on one of 5 ports, i need a way of listening to them, currently we have to port forward on the router and change our ip addresses, i have seen there are some TCP function in auto it, could they help me??

Hi We have a remote support program which allows us to tell users to download client 1 - 5. Each download sends in a request to our public ip address on one of 5 ports, i need a way of listening to them, currently we have to port forward on the router and change our ip addresses, i have seen there are some TCP function in auto it, could they help me??

If you know much about TCP, then certainly so. This may be a great learning experience for you if you dont already know a bit about TCP. AutoIt I believe can certainly help you in your endeavors.

You may want to try and contact AutoIt Smith as he is quite the TCP'er. The AutoIt-ITS project in my signature is probably a good way to get in contact with him.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I know a little bit about tcp but not much!

We have remote assistance requests coming in on ports 119, 143, 433 and 443.

What i want to do is listen on all these ports for an incoming connection without the need to port forward on the router.

Im sure it must be possible, i will look up that guy, but in the mean time any help would be much apreciated as my own efforts are getting me no where!!!!!

I know a little bit about tcp but not much!

We have remote assistance requests coming in on ports 119, 143, 433 and 443.

What i want to do is listen on all these ports for an incoming connection without the need to port forward on the router.

Im sure it must be possible, i will look up that guy, but in the mean time any help would be much apreciated as my own efforts are getting me no where!!!!!

Will the requests be coming in from the internal network, or over the internet? If they are coming in over the internet then I am not sure that anyone here has created a NAT Repeater in AutoIt yet using TCP functions. If they were going to, they could take a look at Ultr@VNC's NAT to NAT repeater as it is open source.

You will need to forward the ports to the system running the script, or your router will just deny access. (As I am assuming you arent going to create a NAT repeater).

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

they will be coming in over the internet on our public ip address. I can setup port forwarding on the router to an ip address, but what i want to be able to do is let everyone listen out for the connection, not just the person with that ip address!

they will be coming in over the internet on our public ip address. I can setup port forwarding on the router to an ip address, but what i want to be able to do is let everyone listen out for the connection, not just the person with that ip address!

I understand. Maybe you could devise a packet system, and determine the computer you are wanting it to goto from there, or create a second set of clients for all the computers with one accepting the connections and putting them in a Que to be looked through by the second set of clients for connections.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

You want to allow traffic on port 119, 143, 433 and 443 to enter your LAN unhindered by the router, and broadcast to all, is that what you want? I don't think any routers run AutoIT as part of their internal software.

Maybe you should investigate setting up static IP addresses and then you can consistently port forward to the appropriate designated machine where you could detect them and respond appropriately, even performing consistency checks and virus/hacking filtering, and then translating them into another port number that all the other configured machines in your LAN could listen for - a sort of application server.

You should be able to do that with the AutoIT functions, unless the traffic volume is too great for a script based engine.

yes an application server sounds exactly what im looking for. Currently i port forward to 5 ip addresses then change each machines ip to match when needed, but this takes time. If every client could listen without changing their ip that would be great. Im still having trouble finding what i am looking for!