Save password in exe file

shaahin

hi

i want try to make a encryptor program.

i want to know is there any way to save user's password in exe file.

i mean my program's final user can set password for themselve and my program save it in itself for next use.

i am waiting...

ohhhhhhhh

i don't want to use any other file!

standalone exe that save anyone pass for him\her in itself.

Why would you want to do that? Having an executable write to itself to keep track of database information is just silly. Further, you can't have an executable write to its own executable because it would have to be running and you can't modify executable files while they are running. This is a rule that should not be bypassed, not a limitation of autoit.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Hi,

there is a little chance. I guess you can use 4 Byte for a password, but how often do you change it? Why not saving it hard in the exe an if necessary rebuild it? Or use external savings like ini or something.

Another possibility is wrap your exe with another exe, this way it looks to the user as if it is only one file.

May have a look at LoginWrapper in my sig, you can easily change it to this.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thanks th.meger.

I want to My Final user can Create Password and use it.

If they can Rebuild exe file,it also good.

and about 4 byte? what u mean?

I just want to set password 1 time for each user.

any Idea?

A byte is equal to 8 bits. A text character is one byte, therefore what he means by a four byte password is that the password can be 4 characters long. I would recommend writing the password to a external .dat file, but encrypted so that nobody could understand what it was if they opened it. Even if you were to append the password to the end of the executable, you would probably still want to encrypt it. I would therefore recommend you use the _StringEncrypt() function.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire