AutoIT An Symantec Antivirus Issue

nhammed

Hi,

We've been using AutoIT scripts for years now. We are in the process up upgrading our Symantec Antivirus software from V9 to 10.1. We have AutoIT scrips in our environment running at logon time. These scrips are in place to check if a Win2k machine has a CSNW client and has SP4. After the upgrade to SAV 10.1 the machine is required to be restarted. At restart time theses files execute causing the machine to hang and unable to logon. We are not experiencing this issue on XP machines as they don't execute these files. Has anyone heard or experienced this issue?

Since theses scripts were old and the correct level of software is in place, we removed them from startup and machines login successfully. We are using AutoIT v3.1 extensivly in our environment and still have a good # of 2K machines around. Anyone have any ideas or experience with antivirus and AutoIT this? Thanks......

AutoIt does not interfere with your antivirus product or vice-versa unless the script itself performs an action that the antivirus scrutinizes. I would suggest that you check your scripts to see which actions may have caused this issue.

NOTE: I speak from experience on Symantec Antivirus v10 because the corporation I work for uses it and our startup scripts do not cause any slowdowns with any version of autoit.

Who else would I be?