Any idea why this window detection

I am attempting to automate a series of menus written in VB6.0. The For/Next is there to catch the different internal button numbers. The text rarely (if ever) changes, but the ThunderRT6CommandButton# might. As far as I can tell, the code for this is correct...but it's timing out every time. What am I doing wrong?

Attached is the snippet and the .gif of the window, including the AutoIt Spy.

Snippet:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

If WinWait("Chapter List", "Home", 2) = 0 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Timeout Error")
    Exit
EndIf
For $counter = 1 To 50
    If StringInStr(ControlGetText("Chapter List", "Home", "ThunderRT6CommandButton" & $counter), "Requests TO Host/Par") > 0 Then
        ControlClick("Chapter Selector", "BlueCard", "ThunderRT6CommandButton" & $counter, $primary, 1)
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

Image:

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

ControlGetText ( "title", "text", controlID )

Have you tried "classname=ThunderRT6CommandButton" for the title parameter or control ID as you are using Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

I'm not even getting to that point yet where I have to worry about button classnames ... Moot point anyway, since I'm worrying about a WINDOW title/classname, not a BUTTON title/classname.

It doesn't matter which WinTitleMatchMode I'm in either. No mode seems to work. At all.

Edited by Blue_Drache

• Moderators

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
Opt('WinSearchChildren', 1)
If Not WinWait('classname=ThunderRT6FormDC', '', 2) Then 
    MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Timed Out')
    Exit
EndIf
MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'Window found')

Edit:

I had the wrong params in there ... oops.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thank you, Smoke, that worked. I'm usually reluctant to use "classname=WindowClassName" in these type of scripts because there's a series of 5 windows with the same classname after each button press. The weird part is...I didn't change the rest of my code and my method worked just peachy for all the other windows. Just the first one was being stubbron. Go figure.

Either way, thanks for the help!

• Moderators

Thank you, Smoke, that worked. I'm usually reluctant to use "classname=WindowClassName" in these type of scripts because there's a series of 5 windows with the same classname after each button press. The weird part is...I didn't change the rest of my code and my method worked just peachy for all the other windows. Just the first one was being stubbron. Go figure.

Either way, thanks for the help!

NP, but treat the classname= just like you would a window title. If you are trying to find the unique one (window) then just use the text portion to help your situation (which I'm sure you've done).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.