IE check for object in a pop up window

cad29

Hi im having problem to check what is the object inside on a pop up window because im creating a script that will automatically click the main website then theres no problem with that one i was able to find out what are object using a DOM for mozilla and IE but the problem occurs with i want to script for a pop window because theres no option where i can click the DOM Inspector or the IE DOM any please thanks

Hi im having problem to check what is the object inside on a pop up window because im creating a script that will automatically click the main website then theres no problem with that one i was able to find out what are object using a DOM for mozilla and IE but the problem occurs with i want to script for a pop window because theres no option where i can click the DOM Inspector or the IE DOM any please thanks

IE Popups are sometimes standard Win32 windows, sometimes browser windows. One way to tell the difference is using the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the start menu group for AutoIt). If the control inside the window is "Internet Explorer_Server1" then it is a browser-based window and you can attach to it with _IEAttach using the popup or embedded parameters. If you see other controls, it is a standard Win32 window and typical AutoIt Win functions apply.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hi Dale thanks for the reply yah its a IE base checking the au3info

ClassNameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

is there any program to check for the object for this one or if the associated pop - up has a frame?because i tried to used the form and it doesnt work so i wonder if it is under the frame sad to say i cant check it only i can only check the source code thanks

Hi Dale thanks for the reply yah its a IE base checking the au3info

ClassNameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

is there any program to check for the object for this one or if the associated pop - up has a frame?because i tried to used the form and it doesnt work so i wonder if it is under the frame sad to say i cant check it only i can only check the source code thanks

You can use _IEDocReadHTML to examine the source. You can also use _IETagNameAllGetCollection to get all of the objects in the document and then loop through them to see what is there.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble