InputBox without the Box *NOT A LOGGER*

Big fan of AutoIT and new to posting in the forums so please bear with me.

BACKGROUND:

I wrote an AutoIT program that remaps keyboard keys for a specific video game. It takes the shortcut keys for a hero (i.e. d,k,o,t) and assigns them to w,e,r,t (one for each hero ability). Because I can use different heros in this game, the shortcut keys change every game. I currently have an inputbox that asks for the shortcut keys everytime i start a new game, which is Hotkeyset to F7.

The PROBLEM:

Everytime I want to assign the shortcut keys my game, I push F7 and the game minimizes because the inputbox requires I input the 4 keys. Is there a way to have AutoIT take the first four keyboard inputs I type after I press F7 and assign them to a variable WITHOUT an inputbox? .. so my game doesn't have to minimize.

Thanks in Advance!

• 4 years later...

I'd also like to know, for pretty much the same reason. Bumping this old thread so I don't have to make a new one.

And how can you possibly turn this into a key logger? The inputbox should "absorb" all keyboard input until you press enter, so it should be pretty obvious that something's not right when you try to write on your password field and nothing gets typed.

3yrs on AutoIt and you haven't read the forum rules yet? Plus reviving an old thread isn't a smart thing to do, considering the original post is in violation of the forum rules. I suggest you read this >> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum-3/announcement-13-forum-rules/ & this >> http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Forums.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I've read the rules, several times. How is this a violation on any of those?

I'm aware the OP said he used the script for a game, but his query had nothing to do about it. If he said he used the script to make irregular photoshop mosaics would it be any different? Because that's what my script is about, and making the inputbox invisible is merely a convenience I'd like to have. Is that a crime?

• Developers

Whatever, there was no valid reason in your reply to resurrect this topic anyway.

*click*

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)