PixelGrab

Kohr

Could you please check the 1.6 DrawBox because it does not work (give the Getcolors button) on the first and sometimes 2nd try. On previous versions, it worked perfectly first time .

Could you further explain what it is doing? I am not having any problems. The only thing about DrawBox is you have to click the object first before doing the spacebar to set. If you do not then it can act odd but it has been that way since day one.

Example on how I test it against the desktop.

1. Hit drawbox.

2. Left Click desktop.

3. Then hit spacebar.

If you do not click the desktop first then it acts odd. Is this what you are seeing?

Kohr

Edited by Kohr

Added version 1.7.

This should be fixed now.

Kohr

Can't look at the whole thing till later today but DrawBox now works. Thanks.

Read your note on excel 256 limit - will also check this out.

If columns > 256 can't you just continue on sheet2 etc. or append it on Sheet1?

You have +65,000 rows to play with. +-4700*256=1.2million (approx full screen).

Yup it works great. I think you can remove Func ExcelWindow()?

You could convert the shades to their excel color range? It won’t be accurate but it gives some visual to the data.

I think in excel you are writing the columns in the rows and visa versa. If a picture is 20x10y you are writing 10 rows by 20 columns?

Edited by 1905russell

Can't look at the whole thing till later today but DrawBox now works. Thanks.

Read your note on excel 256 limit - will also check this out.

If columns > 256 can't you just continue on sheet2 etc. or append it on Sheet1?

You have +65,000 rows to play with. +-4700*256=1.2million (approx full screen).

Yup it works great. I think you can remove Func ExcelWindow()?

You could convert the shades to their excel color range? It wont be accurate but it gives some visual to the data.

I think in excel you are writing the columns in the rows and visa versa. If a picture is 20x10y you are writing 10 rows by 20 columns?

I made it so it can do 1280 pixels across. It puts each 256 onto a single sheet. See notes in code.

The X coord is translated to the column. So if you start at 0,0 and go to 10,0 then in Excel you will just have 1 row with 11 columns of data.

You should be able to now do a screen that is 1280 pixels wide and 65536 high but that would take a very long time to process.

I believe this is accurate but if you see any problems with the logic or how I did something let me know.

Kohr

I made it so it can do 1280 pixels across. It puts each 256 onto a single sheet. See notes in code.

The X coord is translated to the column. So if you start at 0,0 and go to 10,0 then in Excel you will just have 1 row with 11 columns of data.

You should be able to now do a screen that is 1280 pixels wide and 65536 high but that would take a very long time to process.

I believe this is accurate but if you see any problems with the logic or how I did something let me know.

Kohr

I was confusing Excel and Autoit. Excel is R100C10 and Autoit is x,y = C,R = 10,100.

Great it works. It takes a long time but it does deliver. Looking forward to version 2.

Edit -

It does deliver on small rectangles to excel but I've tried several times on larger ones and it stalls.

Select a quarter of the screen and go to bed and tell me what you get?

Its okay its great - version 2 should also maybe include.

- ini options

- excel option to write 2D array over +24 sheets

- it would be nice to have a progress control or maybe watch the writing of excel cells as you loop through the rectangle. No array needed?

Would this make it even slower? Anyway the prime objective is to get the color data for analysis and speed is relative.

Edited by 1905russell