Need help resizing the taskbar

whelm

I am working on a simple script to configure windows to a particular way that I like it. So far i have got almost everything working correctly execept 1 thing. I need a way of resizing the taskbar so it is only 1 task? high, I have tried for a few hours using different commands and methods but they all do not seem to work. Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

I am working on a simple script to configure windows to a particular way that I like it. So far i have got almost everything working correctly execept 1 thing. I need a way of resizing the taskbar so it is only 1 task? high, I have tried for a few hours using different commands and methods but they all do not seem to work. Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

I dont know of a good way, but if you showed some code of ways that you have tried, it might help elicit more responses.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Hey thanks for the reply, yeah, the problem is pretty difficult i think. Here are some of the things i have tried.

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

WinWait("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","")

If Not WinActive("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","") Then WinActivate("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","")

WinWaitActive("classname=Shell_TrayWnd","")

WinMove('classname=Shell_TrayWnd', "", Default, Default, 0, 636)

ControlFocus('classname=Shell_TrayWnd',"",303)

that should elicit some sort of movement of the taskbar but it doesn't seem to work.

I also used a simple mouse script which works, but its not robust enough for what i need.

You will have to do the following:

Unlock the taskbar (If it is not already unlocked) - you can use ControlSend "{APPSKEY}l" to the taskbar to lock/unlock.

MouseClickDrag from the very top of the taskbar to about 30 pixels from the bottom of the screen.

Who else would I be?

Ok i figured it out its not 100 percent how i would like it but i think its the best that can be done.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",1)

$array = WinGetPos("classname=Shell_TrayWnd")

MouseMove($array[2]/2,$array[1])

MouseDown("left")

MouseMove($array[2]/2,@DesktopHeight-54)

MouseUp("left")

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",Default)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",Default)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",Default)