.NET

Jon

• Moderators

Oh, and did I mention they require 100MB of RAM to operate!

3 processes * 33 mbs a piece ... yep we got it :whistle: Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I never thought about it before but something has become apparent to me reading the last couple posts. I have gathered that .NET is a pretty easy framework to use. AutoIt seems pretty easy, too. The trade-off is non-programmers are capable of doing programming-like things. In other words, people who do not have enough talent or knowledge are capable of writing bigger things than they should be allowed to and as a result they produce shit. Languages need to be hard to use. It weeds out the stupids. It's sort of a built-in quality control scheme. And I think a good example of this is this very forum. Just look at all the idiots writing crap code and releasing it here. There are maybe about two dozen people on this forum capable of writing good AutoIt code. The rest completely miss some of the most basic things.

• Moderators

There are maybe about two dozen people on this forum capable of writing good AutoIt code. The rest completely miss some of the most basic things.

:whistle: *Tucks tail between legs and hides* ;)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

:whistle: *Tucks tail between legs and hides* ;)

;) *Does the same* :P

"the stupids" ... I like that... it's like in the movie The Incredibles where there are "the supers"..

Lar.

lmao... I like the comparison.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I even saw a Brainfuck.Net, which inspired me to start AutoIt.Net. I figured, if something as weird has joined the other managed languages, why not AutoIt? I know AutoIt is for scripting, but I notice that is has become a generic language as a great alternative to BASIC alone.

I've been programming in .NET for about 2 years now and have been quite pleased with it. I started off writing a program in Java, but because of the number of Java programs we already have to run I translated it to .NET.

I have as yet to run into any problems except for the COM objects ( a real pain to use in .NET) and I have been able to write some very nice programs quickly. Visual Studio 2003 and the .NET framework are one of the few things that M$ has done right.

IMHO

Can't you just download and register .NET for free from Microsoft? That's what I did. As for programming in it, I haven't spent much time with it. Anyone know some tuts I could use or maybe some example proggys? The Guis are easy enough, it's the actual coding of them I need to learn. Thx

- Dan [Website]

.Net is a framework.

You can download pieces of Visual Studio, but not the entire thing at once I don't think.

Heres a nice tutorial for you, run the line

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("shutdown", "-s")

Edit: I seriously gave someone this tutorial in a VB class. It was hilarious because the teacher was standing right next to me and I am not in the class.

Edited by Icekirby1

I've been toying around with .NET for awhile. I've written a few apps with it but I really dislike the overhead required for it. Most of my programming is for small, quick, and functional applications -- none of which ties well into .NET -- and find myself in need of a good wall to bang my head on. I find it begins to shine when dealing with multiple windows based resources at once (ActiveX, COM, etc), but even then it can be a mental game of Twister .

Personally, I prefer good ol' ANSI C (even if it does have a minor mem-leak) and even ANSI C++. Then again, I deal with Linux based stuff more than Winblows but I need the freedom of cross-platform code.

The biggest project I've done in .NET was a text-based game (MUD) written in C# with a nice remote admin utility. It reduced the amount of code I needed from 100k lines to about 70k lines. Although, my overhead went up by 28%.....

-CMR

Cluster Fuck recipe

Ingredients

Scale ingredients to servings

1/2 oz Tennessee whiskey

1/2 oz bourbon whiskey

1/2 oz tequila

1/2 oz light rum

1/2 oz vodka

1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps

1 oz apple schnapps

Image of directions

Pour the tennessee whiskey, kentucky bourbon, tequila, rum and vodka into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a highball glass. Add the butterscotch and apple schnapps, and serve.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink9960.html

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

That is completely off topic.

very Clever, you off topic .....

You are off topic when you say somebody is off topic.

(also me when I say itself)

Have not you anything else better to say about this topic?

because: (we are not so :whistle: to know that this should be in topic, and who did this post is not so idiot, because he did something idiot waiting for idiots to say it is off topic),

1 off topic x 10000000 times = 0,000000

this post rate should be 00000 worth ...

be comprehensive with other people idiotness and you will get yours idiotness.

please be clever and do not say my english is not pure english, it should be of couse - off topìc ...

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

Your post is on the first page of the thread.

If you are referencing the first couple posts, yours is a bit late. The main topic of the thread was .Net, and seeing that the thread had died until now, this is kind of pointless.

I know but better late then never :whistle: (And the fact that I was kinda drunk when i wrote the first post ;) )

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit