Rotating screen/desktop

Persen

I recently discovered that you can do this (at least w/ my PC) by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Cursor. For the Cursor key, you press the direction you want the top of the screen to be. So, if you want your display to be upside-down...

Send("^!{down}")

How odd, I'm just searching for the same thing.

Pleas post if you find anything useful @Persen.

Wonder if I did see a sample in a resource kit once (NT4)?

I did not have any luck searching msdn thought.

Anyone else have some input on this?

This functionality is part of the video card drivers. On nvidia cards and intel graphic cards, it is possible to set a hotkey through the software that will change the screen orientation. However, if the driver does not support it, I believe nothing else will.

Who else would I be?

The rotation thing like stated above is video card related. I can confirm that the ATI cards also have the hotkey rotation capability as this is what I have. Each manufacturer uses different hotkeys or does not define one at all (user-defined).

You might find one of my projects of interest as it deals with automating screen rotations. I used AutoIT to create hotkey EXEs and then wrote a com port monitoring app (also in AutoIT) to monitor what orientation my flat panel was in using a standard old-fashioned mercury switch (~$2).

Ultimately, I have 'automated screen rotation' whenever I rotate my flat panel...the screen automagically switches to the orientation that it is in for about $5 worth of parts!

Full dets, app, help, photos, DIY instructions, etc are here:

http://www.shrum.net/code/mercmon

Enjoy!

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'