Something's seriously wrong here

Using october 20th beta (3.2.1.11)

Test this script. Note observations. You'll notice somethings seriously wrong.

And this doesn't just happen only with the MouseClick function...

$newkey = '"left", 0, 500, 2, 0'
$newkey2 = '"left" 0 500 2 0'

MsgBox(0, "Variable test 1:", $newkey)
MouseClick($newkey)

$parts_array = StringSplit($newkey2, " ")
MsgBox(0, "Variable test 2:", $parts_array[1] & ", " & $parts_array[2] & ", " & $parts_array[3] & ", " & $parts_array[4] & ", " & $parts_array[5])
MouseClick($parts_array[1] & ", " & $parts_array[2] & ", " & $parts_array[3] & ", " & $parts_array[4] & ", " & $parts_array[5])

MsgBox(0, 'Normal - will work.', '"left", 100, 100, 1, 0')
MouseClick("left", 100, 100, 1, 0)
I've spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with this, messing with other functions, messing with the variables. This sucks. Edited by Slythfox

@Valuater, That doesn't solve the first one. And therefor doesn't solve the second case, since they both involve variables. :lmao:

@Valik, not really stupid for the script I need it for. And I'd still consider this a bug, as it should work.

Edit: I think I may have figured it out. Commas need to be outside of the quotes. (But I have to go, I don't have time to test it. :ph34r:)

Edited by Slythfox

The code is stupid. Period. You're creating a string and passing a string and expecting it to magically be expanded to function arguments? I don't think so. And if you need that functionality for a script, then the script is ill-designed. It's a stupid idea, it should not work, it does not work, it is not a bug.

• Moderators

@slythfox, I've written something for you before, and not so much as a thanks... I'll try this one more time so you can see how to properly use something. You are not qualified to determine a bug, and things aren't neccessarily a bug, because you think your logic is right.

Compare yours to mine, and you'll see where your logic is flawed.

$sKey = '"left",0,500,2,0'
_MyClick($sKey)

Func _MyClick($sKey)
    Return Execute('MouseClick(' & $sKey & ')')
EndFuncoÝ÷ Ù«­¢+ØÀÌØíÍ-äôÌäí±Ð°À°ÔÀÀ°È°ÀÌäì)}5å
±¥­MÁ±¥Ð ÀÌØíÍ-ä¤()Õ¹}5å
±¥­MÁ±¥Ð ÀÌØíÍ-ä¤(%1½°ÀÌØíMÁ±¥ÐôMÑÉ¥¹MÁ±¥Ð ÀÌØíÍ-ä°Ìäì°Ìäì¤(%%U ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíMÁ±¥Ð¤´ÄôÔQ¡¸|($%IÑÕɸ5½ÕÍ
±¥¬ ÀÌØíMÁ±¥ÑlÅt°ÀÌØíMÁ±¥ÑlÉt°ÀÌØíMÁ±¥ÑlÍt°ÀÌØíMÁ±¥ÑlÑt°ÀÌØíMÁ±¥ÑlÕt¤(%IÑÕɸMÑÉÉ½È Ä°À°À¤)¹Õ¹

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Wow, I have never gotten double-pwned (a word I just made up, here meaning, getting "pwned" by 2 well-known members of the AutoIt community), nor seen it! That was really great!

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

Wow, I have never gotten double-pwned (a word I just made up, here meaning, getting "pwned" by 2 well-known members of the AutoIt community), nor seen it! That was really great!

everyone gets "pwned" by valik sometime or another

*hides*

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrosts_wife/Emoticons/sofa.gif

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Lol.

Now I feel stupid. I thought it was a bug at first. Looks like my edit from my last post was right. Programmers do stupid things when programmers forget to eat.

everyone gets "pwned" by valik sometime or another

Yeah, especially with his turtle. Edited by Slythfox

• Moderators

Looks like you still have to wait. :whistle:

No doubt, no worries though, I'll not help again ;).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Lol.

Now I feel stupid. I thought it was a bug at first. Looks like my edit from my last post was right. Programmers do stupid things when programmers forget to eat.

Yeah, especially with his turtle.

i don't get it...lol

edit: nvm. *kncks on own head* i dunno why i didnt get that at first lol

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN