Font picker using _ChooseFont

When selecting a font, _ChooseFont can reuse the font Name and Size, but is there a way to reuse the other parameters like style and effects ?

I would like to select a new font starting with the current font being used with all the current attibutes.

Modified example from help file.

#include <Misc.au3>

Local $a_font

$a_font = _ChooseFont ("Arial",10)
If (@error) Then
   MsgBox(0, "", "Error _ChooseFont: " & @error)
Else
   MsgBox(0, "", "Font Name: " & $a_font[2] & @LF & "Size: " & $a_font[3] & @LF & "Weight: " & $a_font[4] & @LF & "COLORREF rgbColors: " & $a_font[5] & @LF & "Hex BGR Color: " & $a_font[6] & @LF & "Hex RGB Color: " & $a_font[7])
EndIf

$a_font = _ChooseFont ($a_font[2], $a_font[3])
If (@error) Then
Else
   MsgBox(0, "", "Font Name: " & $a_font[2] & @LF & "Size: " & $a_font[3] & @LF & "Weight: " & $a_font[4] & @LF & "COLORREF rgbColors: " & $a_font[5] & @LF & "Hex BGR Color: " & $a_font[6] & @LF & "Hex RGB Color: " & $a_font[7])
EndIf

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Suggest looking at the function in the Misc.au3, I left the structure information commented in there.

If you want to make a customized or re-vamp for a better one with optional params that's ok with me.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I also noticed that, with the code above, it doesn't return the right Size when it goes back the second time.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Fossil%20Rock/Font%20Selector.PNG

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Suggest looking at the function in the Misc.au3, I left the structure information commented in there.

If you want to make a customized or re-vamp for a better one with optional params that's ok with me.

Ok, I'll give it a go ... maybe I'll find the font Size thing too.

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Ok, I'll give it a go ... maybe I'll find the font Size thing too.

to help you out with the size, 2 lines are the problem

Local $lfHeight = Round(($i_size * $ret[2]) / 72, 0)
oÝ÷ Ù©Ýjëh×6
    DllStructSetData($lf, 1, $lfHeight + 1)

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I was immediately drawn to those 2 lines, but I don't have a clue about the dll stuff ... but I'm trying. :">

At the time I wrote that I didn't either.

I'm thinking a diff. dll call might be better, maybe textmextrics instead of devicecaps

Works like a charm, Thanks.

Would it be asking to much to help me figure out the other stuff ? I really have no clue how to modify <misc.au3> for the style, effects and color.

Edited by Fossil Rock

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Works like a charm, Thanks.

Would it be asking to much to help me figure out the other stuff ? I really have no clue how to modify <misc.au3> for the style, effects and color.

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

#include <Misc.au3>

Local $a_font

$a_font = _ChooseFont("Courier New", 10)
If (@error) Then
    Exit
Else
EndIf

$a_font = _ChooseFont($a_font[2], $a_font[3],$a_font[5], $a_font[4] ,BitAND($a_font[1],2),BitAND($a_font[1],4),BitAND($a_font[1],8))
If (@error) Then
Else
EndIf

Edited by gafrost

Now it goes back to regular regardless if it's Italic, Bold or Bold Italic. I've been looking at differences hoping I could figure it out, but haven't so far.

Edited by Fossil Rock

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

#include <Misc.au3>

Local $a_font

; Example 1
$a_font = _ChooseFont("Arial", 8)
If (@error) Then
Else
EndIf

; Example 2
$a_font = _ChooseFont()
If (@error) Then
    Exit
Else
EndIf

; Example 3
Local $FontName = $a_font[2]
Local $FontSize = $a_font[3]
Local $ColorRef = $a_font[5]
Local $FontWeight = $a_font[4]
Local $Italic = BitAND($a_font[1], 2)
Local $Underline = BitAND($a_font[1], 4)
Local $Strikethru = BitAND($a_font[1], 8)
$a_font = _ChooseFont($FontName, $FontSize, $ColorRef, $FontWeight, $Italic, $Underline, $Strikethru)
If (@error) Then
Else
EndIf

Now it goes back to regular regardless if it's Italic, Bold or Bold Italic. I've been looking at differences hoping I could figure it out, but haven't so far.

Nothing to figure out, see my above examples, especially the 3rd one.