List Box / Combo Box noob question

tugger

Okay, I'm a newbie to scripting, and I am using Autoit to automate a quite complex software install for me.

This install has about 20 different configuration windows and so far creating the script has been quite easy.

I am however stuck on a window that has 2 list boxes linked with a dropdown (described in the active window as a 'ComboBox1')

[see attached]

post-17189-1161687652_thumb.jpg

I need to select everything in both list boxes. Normally I would select 'products' in the dropdown, click the top product, and shift+click the bottom one, then select configurations from the dropdown and repeat to select all the configurations... and then 'next'.

What commands can I use in Autoit to acheive this..??

This is a great piece of software btw.

Tugger

• Moderators

Look at the Control* commands/functions in the help file.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Look at the Control* commands/functions in the help file.

Thanks smoke, the control list has got through most of this install, but I just can't find a 'selection' control that fits the bill. I have tried unsuccessfully with SetCurrentSelection, but that may be me using it in the wrong context.

tug.

Try ControlCommand "SelectString".

Okay, thanks for that.

Using 'SelectString' to try to select the PRODUCTS option, the dropdown opens, but CONFIGURATIONS remains firmly selected.

Half a step there, just struggling to select PRODUCTS, and then multiselect all the options in the Products ListBox.

tug

• Moderators

Okay, thanks for that.

Using 'SelectString' to try to select the PRODUCTS option, the dropdown opens, but CONFIGURATIONS remains firmly selected.

Half a step there, just struggling to select PRODUCTS, and then multiselect all the options in the Products ListBox.

tug

You need to know what you are lookgin for ahead of time. "SelectString" is only for ListBox or ComboBox, so you need to know the "exact" string you want to find.

Also keep in mind, not all controls can be automated with AutoIt.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.