execute some action

elseif $someothervar = pixelsearch(parameters) then

execute some action

endif

else

some msg

Endfunc

Would this be correct ?

I just want to know which option would be better off for me.

:whistle: Thanks for your help in advance and if some one wants to crack up a wise ("u should have done this or that before posting this blah blah) the least you could do is be polite about it.

[quote]I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.[/quote]

• Moderators

My question is:

if func pickab() re written as;

Would this be correct ?

I just want to know which option would be better off for me.

No, you need to check the helpfile for what PixelSearch Returns (I sound like a broken record tonight with saying that)

Edit:

However, I've never done this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work:

If IsArray(PixelSearch(params....)) Then
    ;Do Something
EndIf
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

No, you need to check the helpfile for what PixelSearch Returns (I sound like a broken record tonight with saying that)

Edit:

However, I've never done this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work:

If IsArray(PixelSearch(params....)) Then
    ;Do Something
EndIf
Lol i have seen most of your posts you seem to be working way to hard coz you are always tired ;) . Take some rest.

Anyways, so you are saying its good to check if pixel search has any array rather than checkin it with if NOT @ error, actually you got a point . But i know if not @ error works i just want you to focus on the if not @ error / if ... then function in this very particular case.

P.S: Whats the best way to test out both on terms of Speed and accuracy.

I will give a hint what i am trying to pull off. Will post the code when i can make some sense of it.

I want to search pixel for bottom > if nuthing then top and left > if nuthing then right.

Additionally i would try to add a timer (execution time of each function ) whichever executes faster i would be executing only that chunk of code.

For this i would be storing the times into an array, perform smallest of array search value on it and execute the block on that bases.

:whistle: if i can pull all this off that is.

So basically for that i just need to know which function would be faster also correct.

Edited by Graymatter

[quote]I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.[/quote]

• Moderators

Lol i have seen most of your posts you seem to be working way to hard coz you are always tired ;) . Take some rest.

Anyways, so you are saying its good to check if pixel search has any array rather than checkin it with if NOT @ error, actually you got a point . But i know if not @ error works i just want you to focus on the if not @ error / if ... then function in this very particular case.

P.S: Whats the best way to test out both on terms of Speed and accuracy.

I will give a hint what i am trying to pull off. Will post the code when i can make some sense of it.

I want to search pixel for bottom > if nuthing then top and left > if nuthing then right.

Additionally i would try to add a timer (execution time of each function ) whichever executes faster i would be executing only that chunk of code.

For this i would be storing the times into an array, perform smallest of array search value on it and execute the block on that bases.

:whistle: if i can pull all this off that is.

So basically for that i just need to know which function would be faster also correct.

OCR?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

OCR?

I wonder how many times you typed "OCR?". No. I aint got that much graymatter.

Simple kinder garden pixelsearch. But i think i confused you. Let me rephrase:

Func picab()

if something<>something then

executeme

else

executeyour

Endif

or should it be

Func picab()

something=something

if not @error then

execute me

elseif something <> something then

executeyou

Endif