String search

I'm looking to get a value from the following string:

$string = "Blah Blah Blah increased! (Now at 10%)"

I want to grab that number 10 and put it in a variable. The number increases and so is different every time I want to grab it. I can't trim this string. Is there some way to grab just that number before the %?

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

I just checked to make sure I had the latest beta and I don't see a _StringBetween...

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Ok, I see a pattern...does it always say "(Now At xx%)"?

And is "xx" always a number?

And is it the ONLY number in that pattern?

If so, then

$temp = StringInStr($string, "(Now at")
$temp = StringMid($string, $temp, 30)
$temp = StringSplit($temp, "")
If IsArray($temp) Then
    $NewString = ""
    For $x = 1 To $temp[0]
        If IsNumber($temp[$x]) Then $NewString = $NewString & $temp[$x]
    Next
EndIf
MsgBox(0,"",$NewString)
Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

There are other numbers in the input. =/

There are other numbers in the input. =/

You didn't say that before.

Give an entire string please as it would be grabbed?

Or you can adjust the length of the count in StringMid() ... I just chose 30 characters as arbitrary.

You didn't say that before.

Give an entire string please as it would be grabbed?

Or you can adjust the length of the count in StringMid() ... I just chose 30 characters as arbitrary.

Typical entire string would be:

$string =

You attack an enemy.

You attack the enemy for 223!

The enemy is dead.

Blah Blah Blah increased! (Now at 10%)

Area

Level Up.

Health: 90%

Monster Hit Points: 0/223

Gold:

Edited by mikehunt114

Typical entire string would be:

$string = You attack an enemy.

You attack the enemy for 223!

The enemy is dead.

Blah Blah Blah increased! (Now at 10%)

My routine still performs as expected. Look up in the helpfile StringInStr() and StringMid()

StringInStr() tells StringMid() where to start searching the $string variable. In this case, it STARTS at the "(" in "(Now" It then extracts the next 30 characters (or to the end of the string, which ever comes first) and searches them one at a time for any numbers.

Simple?

Edited by Blue_Drache

Ah, ok, I should be able to just have it finish at the second ")" then right?

Ah, ok, I should be able to just have it finish at the second ")" then right?

You could, but if the remainder of the string is shorter than 30 characters, then it's fine as is.

You could tell the loop to bomb out if it finds ")"

Simply add

if $temp[$x] = ")" Then ExitLoop
after the IsNumber() function inside the for/next

Ok I think I follow you now, but in:

If IsNumber($temp[$x]) Then $NewString = $NewString & $temp[$x]

What is the then statement doing? Is it adding the found number in the $temp array onto the $newstring?

(Not working yet :whistle:)

I'm not getting any numbers picked up no matter how long I extend the count in the StringMid.

Edited by mikehunt114

Ok I think I follow you now, but in:

If IsNumber($temp[$x]) Then $NewString = $NewString & $temp[$x] oÝ÷ ÙhZ¶+-ëaz{-jצz{]¢)à"È­i×bayú.Ùî·«{a{Múµé©jºÚÊí¢Ø^Ó~§{-®)à6p¢¹"´ò7öi趭¶)àj|§ºfÞ®ÊbrGºè«mz¸hÂZ'±µéݶ¢éí{ay+kxßêº^«"q©eÊ+wöËÊ)àªê-!ûaz«¶íæ«­¬°{kzZ()àjجj{¦mêíéÚ²È Ø^½ªâi¹^­z÷«Ûø¬jÌV¬j^اØ^ríz{l¡ûaz«¶íæ«­¬ªºGg¯zr7öh¶Ø§¦åjy&²èÄ·­ç^nè"µ8^¦ºé¢²)íâ,6éz·îËb¢r-ßÛ'¢×^µç-x)®^®®Ún¬wÁë-^w­«-®)àêÞßÛ&È7º(u殶­sf÷BgV÷C´×W7DFV6Æ&Uf'2gV÷C²Ã ¤FÒb33c·FV×Âb33c·Âb33c´æWu7G&ærÒgV÷C²gV÷C²Âb33c·7G&ærÒgV÷C´&Æ&Æ&Ææ7&V6VBb333²æ÷rBRgV÷C°¢b33c·FV×Ò7G&ætå7G"b33c·7G&ærÂgV÷C²æ÷rBgV÷C²¤×6t&÷#c#CBÂb33´FV'VrÆæRã"b33²Âb33µ6VÆV7Föã¢b33²fײÆbfײb33²b33c·FV×b33²fײÆbfײÆbfײb33µ&WGW&ã¢b33²fײÆbfײb33c·FV×fײÆbfײÆbfײb33´W'&÷#¢b33²fײÆbfײW'&÷"²222FV'VrÕ4t$õ¢b33c·FV×Ò7G&ætÖBb33c·7G&ærÂb33c·FV×Â3¤×6t&÷#c#CBÂb33´FV'VrÆæRãBb33²Âb33µ6VÆV7Föã¢b33²fײÆbfײb33²b33c·FV×b33²fײÆbfײÆbfײb33µ&WGW&ã¢b33²fײÆbfײb33c·FV×fײÆbfײÆbfײb33´W'&÷#¢b33²fײÆbfײW'&÷"²222FV'VrÕ4t$õ¢b33c·FV×Ò7G&æu7ÆBb33c·FV×ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²¤b4'&b33c·FV×FVà¢f÷"b33c·ÒFòb33c·FV׳Т6öç6öÆUw&FRb33c·FVײb33c·ÒfײÄbfײb33c´æWu7G&ærfײÄbfײgV÷C²ÒÒÒÒÒÒÒÒÒÒÒgV÷C²fײÄb¢b4çVÖ&W"b33c·FVײb33c·ÒÒFVâb33c´æWu7G&ærÒb33c´æWu7G&ærfײb33c·FVײb33c·Ð¢bb33c·FVײb33c·ÒÒgV÷C²gV÷C²FVâWDÆö÷¢æW@¤VæD`¤×6t&÷ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²Âb33c´æWu7G&ær

Console:

CODE

>Running: (3.1.1.0):C:\AutoIt\autoit3.exe "C:\AutoIt\User Scripts\temp04.au3"

( $temp[1]

$NewString

-----------

N $temp[2]

$NewString

-----------

o $temp[3]

$NewString

-----------

w $temp[4]

$NewString

-----------

$temp[5]

$NewString

-----------

a $temp[6]

$NewString

-----------

t $temp[7]

$NewString

-----------

$temp[8]

$NewString

-----------

1 $temp[9]

$NewString

-----------

0 $temp[10]

$NewString

-----------

% $temp[11]

$NewString

-----------

) $temp[12]

$NewString

-----------

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0 Time: 6.566

Either way, you can see it's pulling the string out correctly, perhaps you could come up with a different method using the shortened string?

Edited by Blue_Drache

Right, I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for the help mate. Off to lunch for now :whistle:

Edited by mikehunt114

I worked it out from there, thanks.

• Moderators

prepare for the RegEx onslaught...

also... a _StringBetween UDF exists...

Lar.

hehehe...

$Array = _SRE_BetweenEX($string, 'Now at ', '\)')
MsgBox(64, '', $Array[0])

Func _SRE_BetweenEX($s_String, $s_Start, $s_End)
    $a_Array = StringRegExp($s_String, '(?s)(?i)' & $s_Start & '(.*?)' & $s_End, 3)
    If IsArray($a_Array) Then Return $a_Array
    Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
EndFunc

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

of course.

:whistle: , ok Larry, with that unknown meaning of a response, you inspired me to write this one:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=35090&hl=

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.