ControlCommand

I'm having a lot of trouble with ControlCommand. Specifically, I'm trying to use the command

ControlCommand("Control Panel","",1,"selectstring",'Display')
send("{enter}")
while the control panel is open to open the display properties window but Display isn't even highlighted. I'm on Windows 2000. I've been having a lot of other problems with ControlCommand, so could could someone post a link to an explanation of how it works that's more detailed than what's up in the web documentation? Thanks.

Edited by PhoenixAvatar2

I'm having a lot of trouble with ControlCommand. Specifically, I'm trying to use the command

ControlCommand("Control Panel","",1,"selectstring",'Display')
send("{enter}")
while the control panel is open to open the display properties window but Display isn't even highlighted. I'm on Windows 2000. I've been having a lot of other problems with ControlCommand, so could could someone post a link to an explanation of how it works that's more detailed than what's up in the web documentation? Thanks.
Is there a reason you don't just run desk.cpl?

Is there a reason you don't just run desk.cpl?

Because I'm self-taught and I never heard of desk.cpl? But thanks, I'll try this out.

Edit: Tried it, typed in Run("desk.cpl") and I got an error back, said it couldn't execute. I'll just do windows+r and run it from there.

Edited by PhoenixAvatar2

• Moderators

Because I'm self-taught and I never heard of desk.cpl? But thanks, I'll try this out.

Edit: Tried it, typed in Run("desk.cpl") and I got an error back, said it couldn't execute. I'll just do windows+r and run it from there.

Run('rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,5')
1 through 5 are the tabs, change the 5 to whatever you want it open to.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks, I've gotten past some of my problems, but I'm still having a lot of problems with controlcommand and controllistview. For instance, I type in controllistview("Display Properties","","syslistview321","Select","Fly Away") with Display Properties open and it does nothing. Can you point me to a tutorial or help file on the control functions that's a bit more detailed than the included help files?