fast picture format conversion

jennico

hello,

in my program i have to convert several .pngs into .jpgs because autoit doesn't support .png.

searching the forum i found two command line tools, "topng.exe" and "pvw32con.exe" but neither of them is clearly explained. at least, pvw32con supplies a good documentation, so i got it running like that:

Run(@ComSpec&" /c "&"pvw32con.exe *.png -j",$pluPath,@SW_HIDE)

this line converts all pngs in the specified folder to jpgs.

nevertheless i am not satisfied because the line needs about three seconds to convert 12 images and this seems to me way too slow.

so does anyone give me an idea for a faster way? maybe my line can be "straighter up" (do i have to use the dos command line?) or i could use a dllcall function, but please, give me a working example line and not just a general comment because i am quite a newbie.

thanx

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

thanx,

i'll try that.

could you please drop me an example line here how to convert a directory with the irfan dll ?

j.

i can't find a standalone dll on their website :-(

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

try Irfanview. You can download a standalone DLL from their website that will do exactly what you want

please guys,

this sort of answer i have read about a thousand times here in this forum. this does not help.

what is the name of the dll ? how is it used? please an example line or two !

i cannot find a single standalone dll on the website. and the iv help doesn't help either. i don't want to use this entire program by command line.

so, anyone ?

j.

Spoiler

• Moderators

please guys,

this sort of answer i have read about a thousand times here in this forum. this does not help.

what is the name of the dll ? how is it used? please an example line or two !

i cannot find a single standalone dll on the website. and the iv help doesn't help either. i don't want to use this entire program by command line.

so, anyone ?

j.

It's not a stand alone "DLL".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

try Irfanview. You can download a standalone DLL from their website that will do exactly what you want

It's not a stand alone "DLL".

???????????????????????????????

so what ? thats all ? are u kidding me ? just one sentence ?

must be a joke here. haha very funny

j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

• Moderators

???????????????????????????????

so what ? thats all ? are u kidding me ? just one sentence ?

must be a joke here. haha very funny

j.

I really hope you weren't talking to me. My "one" sentence was so that you'd stop waisting your time looking for the "stand alone" dll.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.