kind of emergency button

hi all,

yesterday I got big trouble as my chief found me exploring the web. I hadn´t been fast enough to close all the windows. ;)

Would be very nice, if autoit could be used to hide all the windows from screen and taskbar and rebuild a kind of work in progress atmosphere. :whistle:

Would be even nicer, if you can rebuilt all the windows if the chief is away again.

Any ideas if autoit could be the key to my wish?

Thanks for reading

buttercheese

Take a screenshot of your computer with little running. Use SplashImageOn and HotKeySet.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Take a screenshot of your computer with little running. Use SplashImageOn and HotKeySet.

Hi BigDod,

thank you for your suggestion. That would be the easiest way. But you will run into deep trouble, if you should explain or show something on this machine. So I thought that a kind of fast toggling between two states of use would be the best. That would mean, that one state is the working scenario, where for example Word and Excel is running and the other state is the use of the pc, when the chief is away. When the chief arrives, you toggle to the working screen, when he is gone you toggle back.

I thought, that autoit can be used to hide the applications from screen and toolbar and set a point where autoit checks for the actual screensituation to allow toggling?

Thank you

buttercheese

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...amp;hl=desktops

Pangaea Desktops

it's 4 different virtual desktops with 4 different set of windows. Just keep your work windows on desktop 2, your "fun" windows on desktop 1, and if you see the boss/chief coming, use the hotkey {win}{right} to switch to desktop 2, with all your work programs. When he's gone, use {win}{left} to get back to desktop 1, the fun one.

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

First of all, why is this in Idea Lab? How does asking for a script contribute new ideas to improving AutoIt? Second, did you bother searching? There are about 3 million scripts posted with a "boss key" to hide stuff.

Locking thread since there isn't really an appropriate forum for it to be moved to.