Automated Install of Several Programs

Omatsei

This is a general question about AutoIt and how it works... I found a script (and subsequently modified it heavily) that gives me several applications to choose from, then I check which ones I want installed, then it installs them for me. The problem at the moment is that it doesn't wait until the previous install is finished before it continues to the next one.

I've been playing around with AutoIt for a few days, and I really like it. Thus far, I've managed to solve all my problems in writing scripts, but to be honest, I'm kinda tired of searching for hours to find some simple function that I didn't realize was there (it took me 3 hours to figure out that the "AutoIt Window Info" app was in the start menu...).

Is there some easy way I can tell it to wait until the previous AutoIt-launched window is closed before opening a new install?

• Developers

This is a general question about AutoIt and how it works... I found a script (and subsequently modified it heavily) that gives me several applications to choose from, then I check which ones I want installed, then it installs them for me. The problem at the moment is that it doesn't wait until the previous install is finished before it continues to the next one.

I've been playing around with AutoIt for a few days, and I really like it. Thus far, I've managed to solve all my problems in writing scripts, but to be honest, I'm kinda tired of searching for hours to find some simple function that I didn't realize was there (it took me 3 hours to figure out that the "AutoIt Window Info" app was in the start menu...).

Is there some easy way I can tell it to wait until the previous AutoIt-launched window is closed before opening a new install?

Are you using Run() or RunWait() to start the installer ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Run()... Should I be using RunWait()? I did some searching on it, but it seemed like it was for something else.

The Helpfile will tell you the difference but Yes you want RunWait() when you want to wait for the shelled application to complete before continuing....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)