text

colore

hello

I would like to check the text I type in every application (text editor, web browser, etc)

I want to check the spelling and correct it on-the-fly, or the program to suggest me about possible corrections

I want to use my own custom dictionary

I want it to work with Greek and English language at the same time (2 or more dictionaries loaded) but ofcourse, not to do the double time or use the double system resources to check some text (it should recognize the language each time and use the relevant dictionary)

I want it to autocorrect specific text (replace it on-the-fly) with some other text I specify, and I must be able to specify this text using wildcard/regex (althouth many programs have autocorrect features, no one supports wildcards/regex and thus they are very limited)

I want to type something and the program to autocomplete the words I beging to type (autocomplete by the most frequently used words in a document) like OpenOffice does

does this software meet the above requirements?

thanks

• Moderators

does this software meet the above requirements?

Not really a question of whether AutoIt can do it or not, it's more a question of do you have the ability to do such a thing without assistance. This is one are we don't help much on regardless of the "good/bad" intentions. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

wow seriously dude this is not a request forum its a help forum, maybe if you showed some innitiative it would be nice but coming in on 2 posts and asking for this im sorry isnt going to happen , start out simple and work your way up check out valuaters 1-2-3 in the scripts and scraps its a good starting place

AutoIT can do pretty much anything you can do on a Windows based system. So if you can accomplish this by manual means then yes AutoIT can do it.

The biggest question is can you do it manually ?

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

AutoIT can do pretty much anything you can do on a Windows based system. So if you can accomplish this by manual means then yes AutoIT can do it.

The biggest question is can you do it manually ?

what you mean by that? autoit can do anything and... where is the problem one cannot do anything?

what you mean by that? autoit can do anything and... where is the problem one cannot do anything?

Well, Autoit's major restriction is the user.

Yes, what you desire is possible, but it is far from simple by any means.

If it is help in creating this you seek, you must provide us with something to work with that you have created/found.

Otherwise, the answer to your question is yes. But the help you will get here in doing it is limited.

it wouldn't be as complex as some scripts in this forum, but it would be very long, and drawn out, whenever i

have to personally type something repetitive for a script that is more than about 50 lines i make another script

with a loop to do it for me...i do not have the patience for somthing that big, sounds like your trying to do something pointless, when (i am not sure) but you could probably google it...

EDIT: and think about how complex it would have to be to incorporate baskspaces... ie:

i type "whi" and it interprets the word as "while", i decide i dont want that word so i backspace until i am at "wh"

you must make the script know there is a "wh" still there so that if i type "whe" it is interpreted as "when" and not somthing like "whenergy" or "whentity" thinking that the "wh" no longer exists...and fills in "energy" or "entity"...

hope that made sense...i'm really tired right now...

Edited by HackerZer0

Well one way to do is make another program that creates the code for you... Example, have an input box for the word, and an edit box for all the different typos

Like:

Input: lol

Edit:

kik

;p;

ol

lo

Then you could have it create the code in a child window edit box, which essentially would be an If/Then/Else checking if a typo was entered, and replacing it with the input word

Still, it would be far far far more easier to just use backspace! :whistle:

And to prevent the thing mentioned above, dont replace anything until you press space

Example:

" lo " replace: " lol "

" lo" dont replace... simple

Edited by Rad

Still, it would be far far far more easier to just use backspace!

agreed... i predict this going nowhere...of you have the time and energy to incorporate dictionaries into a script,

you most likey use the computer so much you either no longer care about typos, or you notice and correct them as i am now without even glancing at the screen...i think most of us here have very good finger dexterity...

what would be needed is seperate files of your dictionary , this would then get each letter pressed and quickly parse the files setting an array with the possible choices if space is pressed and the word did not match any of the words in the dictionary an error message would pop up, create a GUI and then list the possiblilities , i do think i remember a smart searcher in the scripts and scraps that updates the possibilities by what you've typed like the Scite command check idk if autoit is fast enough to say the least, i doubt its going to be able to go through every word in a dictionary that fast maybe if you only picked out the words you spell wrong most and or get Firefox :whistle: auto spell check