leet stuff... remove prog from runing applications list and processes list

Ok i got a prog i want to run, but i dont want it to show up in the processes list... how can i do this? also i dont want it running on the system tray or in the processes list (like hit contro alt delete, those are the lists im talking about)

Any ideas? I think its #notrayicon for the system tray,but im not sure.

Ok i got a prog i want to run, but i dont want it to show up in the processes list... how can i do this? also i dont want it running on the system tray or in the processes list (like hit contro alt delete, those are the lists im talking about)

Any ideas? I think its #notrayicon for the system tray,but im not sure.

I fail to see how you could try to remove something from Task manager and have good intentions at the same time.

If your program does good, it shouldn't need to be closed via Task manager in the first place.

Don't expect much help with this one,

malicious code is frowned upon here... :whistle:

*Waits for mod to lock this thread...*

Edited by Paulie

Yeah, I'm wondering with ya Paulie, who is directing all of these script kiddies that feel the urge to write malicious crap towards AutoIt? And why would anyone in their right mind ask a question like this on a public forum??? :whistle:

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

* checks to make sure there's room in the "short bus" forum *

yep.... plenty

OMG I GET TO RIDE IN A SHORTBUS TO A GAME DESIGN CLASS!

Its awesome! your always in the back seats! LOL

Edited by Rad

• Moderators

On a personal note. I recently ran into a situation where I needed to accomplish the before mentioned request/question. I don't consider myself as a malicious coder personally.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ok thought i might try anyways...

It was a prog to try to track what people do on a public computer.. i know i can buy progs that do it but i figured i might be able to make one.

Anyways, if mods wanna remove this thread go ahead. I can understand why people wouldnt want to give autoit a bad name.

On a personal note. I recently ran into a situation where I needed to accomplish the before mentioned request/question. I don't consider myself as a malicious coder personally.

Really, because as hard as I try I cannot find why a program that does something with good and nothing bad should need to be removed from a process list.

I'm not saying its not possible to have a reason. I just can't find one. Obviously, the key objective would be so that people who open task manager can't close it... Right?

Why would someone want to close something that doesn't harm anything via task manager? (Unless it crashes or something, but then you want to close it so it stops lagging your CPU)

I just can't find a good reason... :whistle:

well considering this is going to be the third time i need to reinstall this computer becuse the user im trying to track is rather computer literate, and knows enough to get past any roadblocks i can erect. Anyways, like i said, i know how this could seem malicious, and i can accept tha people wouldnt want to help, so thats why i said that mods should prolly just remve this topic.

Anyways, The reason i want to track what the suspect user is doing is to find a way to block him from bypassing the security im trying to use. If i can do this, i can better protect the computer, and wont need to reinstall windows yet again.

But like i said before, i understand how you can be skeptical, so forget asked, and lock/remove this topic.

I've set up banks of computers for test labs and such and I haven't found any reason to hide processes. If you know how to use policy based security, you can lock down a machine to prevent people from screwing around with them.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

• Moderators

Really, because as hard as I try I cannot find why a program that does something with good and nothing bad should need to be removed from a process list.

I've said the same as you in the past, until I ran into the situation I'm in currently.

I'm not saying its not possible to have a reason. I just can't find one. Obviously, the key objective would be so that people who open task manager can't close it... Right?

I have nothing to do with task manager personally, I don't even use it (procexp.exe). Mine is personal use, on my own PC.

Why would someone want to close something that doesn't harm anything via task manager? (Unless it crashes or something, but then you want to close it so it stops lagging your CPU)

I just can't find a good reason... :whistle:

Did I miss someone talking about "closing" something? I personally don't want to close anything.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

1)I've said the same as you in the past, until I ran into the situation I'm in currently.

2)I have nothing to do with task manager personally, I don't even use it (procexp.exe). Mine is personal use, on my own PC.

3)Did I miss someone talking about "closing" something? I personally don't want to close anything.

1) Please, help me come up with a good reason then, since you have one...

2&3) I was just kinda thinking out loud for potential reasons...

• Moderators

1) Please, help me come up with a good reason then, since you have one...

2&3) I was just kinda thinking out loud for potential reasons...

As I said, it's a "personal" reason, don't think I need to explain it to help others come to terms with there possibly being a legit reason. I've not asked for help on the issue, and I've not stated publicly the solution I've found that does in fact work.

thats what i did, but like i said this one person is pretty computer savvy, and got around all of what i put up, and somehow was able to make himself a compute admin, get full acess, and screw everything up. Like i said i can see why people wouldnt want to post the solution to my question here, and please somone lock this...

Edited by The_Noob

thats what i did, but like i said this one person is pretty computer savvy, and got around all of what i put up, and somehow was able to make himself a compute admin, get full acess, and screw everything up. Like i said i can see why people wouldnt want to post the solution to my question here, and please somone lock this...

That being the case, I suggest you change passwords, remove accounts, or otherwise remove this person's access to the computer until they can respect your wishes and not change what you don't want changed. If they're that computer literate, what's to say they won't find your autoitscripts and deconstruct or turn them back on YOU to lock YOU out?