NOOB QUESTION..

_Kurt

Hey, I'm still pretty new to scripting, and I'm wondering what a DLL is. Could someone please explain in simple terms what it is, how you 'build' one, and it's function? Don't ask me to search on google please, I've tried :whistle:

Thanking in advance,

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Hey, I'm still pretty new to scripting, and I'm wondering what a DLL is. Could someone please explain in simple terms what it is, how you 'build' one, and it's function? Don't ask me to search on google please, I've tried :whistle:

Thanking in advance,

Kurt

A DLL is a dynamic link library.

Think of it as, a program with functions, and other programs can call those functions.

You make them in C/C++ - If you google for a tutorial on how to write a dll, you will get alot of good stuff. Here is a link: http://www.logix4u.net/dll_tutorial1.htm

Edited by CHRIS95219

A DLL is a dynamic link library.

Think of it as, a program with functions, and other programs can call those functions.

You make them in C/C++ - If you google for a tutorial on how to write a dll, you will get alot of good stuff. Here is a link: http://www.logix4u.net/dll_tutorial1.htm

Thanks alot, I still do not know very much on it, but you helped me get an idea of what it is.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Dynamic-link library (DLL), also known as dynamic link library (without the hyphen), is Microsoft's implementation of the shared library concept in the Microsoft Windows (and OS/2) operating systems. These libraries usually have the file extension DLL, OCX (for libraries containing ActiveX controls), or DRV (for legacy system drivers).

The file formats for DLLs are the same as for Windows EXE files that is, Portable Executable (PE) for 32-bit Windows, and New Executable (NE) for 16-bit Windows. As with EXEs, DLLs can contain code, data, and resources, in any combination.

In the broader sense of the term, any data file with the same file format can be called a resource DLL. Examples of such DLLs include icon libraries, sometimes having the extension ICL, and font files, having the extensions FON and FOT.

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

Dynamic-link library (DLL), also known as dynamic link library (without the hyphen), is Microsoft's implementation of the shared library concept in the Microsoft Windows (and OS/2) operating systems. These libraries usually have the file extension DLL, OCX (for libraries containing ActiveX controls), or DRV (for legacy system drivers).

The file formats for DLLs are the same as for Windows EXE files that is, Portable Executable (PE) for 32-bit Windows, and New Executable (NE) for 16-bit Windows. As with EXEs, DLLs can contain code, data, and resources, in any combination.

In the broader sense of the term, any data file with the same file format can be called a resource DLL. Examples of such DLLs include icon libraries, sometimes having the extension ICL, and font files, having the extensions FON and FOT.

cool, that was informative. I didn't know most of that stuff either.

*bookmarks for future reference*

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN