Any one have any idea why a folder pops up when I log on?

It's pretty simple when ever I turn on the computer it brings up a folder... It's not in the startup directory so I don't know what to do.

Any one have any ideas?

In the control panel under Folder Options > View tab you don't have the Restore Previous Folder Windows at logon option selected by any chance?

In the control panel under Folder Options > View tab you don't have the Restore Previous Folder Windows at logon option selected by any chance?

No go there... it's still unchecked...

Check the registry maybe its in the run key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I don't get what that's supposed to mean... Should there be a directory like that or something?

Anyways, thanks both for the help, but it still pops up! :whistle:

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

No go there... it's still unchecked...

I don't get what that's supposed to mean... Should there be a directory like that or something?

Anyways, thanks both for the help, but it still pops up! :whistle:

edit: sorry, listen to what icekirby says in the next post... Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

listen to them, get help with it, when i didn't know how to use regedit or the registry a few years ago i hosed my machine cause i thought "well, it can't be that dangerous" and had to master reboot lol lost over 4 gigs of songs...

got those 6 month trials of microsoft office and norton av back tho lmao

It's pretty simple when ever I turn on the computer it brings up a folder... It's not in the startup directory so I don't know what to do.

Any one have any ideas?

a save way to remove something from starting up is using MSCONFIG

press START, Run and then type msconfig and click OK

when System Configuration Utility window open click on Startup tab and remove the checkmark from the folder that open when you startup your computer.

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line