Problem with a COM object (MUSHclient)

I am having problems with a COM object for a program called MUSHclient. I can create a new instance of the MUSHclient.World object, in a few ways, using the mushclient.tlb included, or the mushclient.exe itself, and can use ALL of the associated functions it allows, but cannot connect, find, nor interact with a pre-existing implementation of a world file. I do hope that I am being clear enough to understand.

I don't necessarily have any code to post, as it is not a Coding problem, but an implementation of a function itself. It functions just like any other COM object would, such as Excel, or Word, but am just having trouble connecting to a pre-existing object.

ANY and ALL help that ANYONE can give me, including links, example code, of just simply logic that leads to a solution is and will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Onoitsu2

Things I have made:[font="Trebuchet Ms"]_CheckTimeBlock UDF(LT)MOH Call Ignore List (MOH = Modem On Hold)[/font]

Excel or Word are not just any COM object. They both are .NET based, which means there can only exist one instance of the COM object at a time and you can connect to it via a 'proxy'-like interface. If Excel and Word didn't use one COM object throught the proxy-interface, we wouldn't be abled to connect to the object, and thus not be abled to program against it. MUSHclient.World probably isn't .NET, so you can't connect to it like you would to Excel or Word.

I am unable to find a website that gives you a clear view on the .NET interface, but Google .NET Basics and Google Garbage Collector look very promising.

Just as a side note: I'm not a .NET expert, I just happen to know this because my uncle told me a few years ago, and I have long forgotten a lot of details about the .NET interface.

Edited by Manadar

MUSHclient.World probably isn't .NET, so you can't connect to it like you would to Excel or Word.

Office XP is not using the .net COM, and several other COM objects i have used in AutoIt do not use the .net interface, in fact i don't even have it installed ...

So there must be another way of doing things, and as far as only runnin with one at a time in office, you can run many at the same time, as com negotiates each message to the particular handle of the object to which it is designated.

I know it must be possible, I mean using office COM is no sweat for me, I was just wondering if anyone that knew more than I on this situation could take a look at mushclient even, it is free to install and try, and has no spyware, or anything, just a nag screen on starting it.

Thanks,

Onoitsu2

Things I have made:[font="Trebuchet Ms"]_CheckTimeBlock UDF(LT)MOH Call Ignore List (MOH = Modem On Hold)[/font]