autoit script not working since firefox 2 installed

Hi,

I had made an autoit script which was working fine with the old version of firefox. It would open FF in a new window and go to a website to renew my library loans. Since installing the new version of FF, it opens two windows and the maximised window goes to my homepage instead of the library website. Can anyone help?

The line causing the problem is:

Run("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -new-window http://library.ucl.ac.uk", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi,

I had made an autoit script which was working fine with the old version of firefox. It would open FF in a new window and go to a website to renew my library loans. Since installing the new version of FF, it opens two windows and the maximised window goes to my homepage instead of the library website. Can anyone help?

The line causing the problem is:

Run("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -new-window http://library.ucl.ac.uk", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Thanks in advance.

Tim

What happens when you strip off the -new-window parameter? Does it still open a new window?

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

If it worked with an older version of FF, and not with the new one .. do you think the problem might lie with the new version not recognising the old one's commandline parameters?

How can you check to see if this is possible?