View Source?

How would I be able to make my script open the scource code of a opened web page? futher more, how would I save it? I have a messy work around using a whole bunch of clicks...

I'm making an easy web editor for geocities so people dont have to alwasy use file manager...

If I hadn't said thank you yet, and you deserve it, than thank you...

err, how can I make it direct only to a single window name? or des that save like all pages open? :whistle:

EDIT: I ok I got it to work but the file turns up "0"

Edited by P a R a D o X

If I hadn't said thank you yet, and you deserve it, than thank you...

untested but something along the lines of this might help to get you started:

#include <INet.au3>

$webpageaddress = "www.google.com" ;the page's source we want to save
$webpagehtml = _INetGetSource($webpageaddress) ;should download the source of the page we want
$file = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\htmlpage.htm", 2) ;creates (or opens if it exists) a file in the directory the script is being run from with the filename 'htmlpage.htm'
FileWrite($file, $webpagehtml) ;writes the value of $webpagehtml var (should be our source) 
FileClose($file)

valuaters way also works :whistle:

err, how can I make it direct only to a single window name? or des that save like all pages open? :whistle:

_IE_Example opens a locally generated page for demonstration purposes (Val, you might be the first person I've seen use it in an example here on the forum -- cool).

Read about _IECreate and _IEAttach to create a browser pointing where you want it to or to attach to an existing one. Also look at _IEDocReadHTML and _IEDocWriteHTML if you want access to the entire page source rather than just the body.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble