#include<FF.au3>

Azu

I know how to include ie.au3 and use it to control ie, however I can't find the one for Firefox! (It says FF.au3 doesn't exist)

Can someone please tell me what is the name of the one for Firefox? I'd REALLY appreciate it. :whistle:

I know how to include ie.au3 and use it to control ie, however I can't find the one for Firefox! (It says FF.au3 doesn't exist)

Can someone please tell me what is the name of the one for Firefox? I'd REALLY appreciate it. :whistle:

Go fish

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

there is no firefox UDF only IE no one has taken the time to create a firefox one ;)

it's not possible to make one for firefox because of limitations...(idiots didnt include COM :whistle: )

you're as disappointed as the rest of us.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

• Moderators

Can someone please tell me what is the name of the one for Firefox? I'd REALLY appreciate it. ;)

What would make you think because there is one type of function, you could just put #include <FF.au3> and some how magical functions to interact with Firefox would happen?

it's not possible to make one for firefox because of limitations...(idiots didnt include COM :whistle: )

you're as disappointed as the rest of us.

Idiots? I'm sure they know exactly why they didn't implement it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Firefox is a cross platform browser so making objects for windows users is an idiotic assumption to take. If you search around, then you may find a cross platform COM object library for automating Firefox but is rather futile when you already have IE to use that is available on all windows installations.

If you had any clue about Firefox, then you'd know it's virtually all COM. They just didn't make a publicly exposed interface so there's no way to interact with it. However, from what I understand, most of the internal code is designed in the form of COM interfaces.

If you had any clue about Firefox, then you'd know it's virtually all COM. They just didn't make a publicly exposed interface so there's no way to interact with it. However, from what I understand, most of the internal code is designed in the form of COM interfaces.

Well I don't have any clue about the internal workings of firefox, and nor do I care. I did mean publicly available for manipulation, and that should have been obvious had you looked at the context of my post. So I fail to see why your comment is relevant.

( :whistle: )

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Well I don't have any clue about the internal workings of firefox, and nor do I care. I did mean publicly available for manipulation, and that should have been obvious had you looked at the context of my post. So I fail to see why your comment is relevant.

( :whistle: )

You'll have to explain how your little "jest" was any more relevant than my comment, I'm afraid. And while on the subject of relevance... I bet you can figured out where this is going from here... when are you ever relevant? And speaking of obvious, what's most obvious and explicitly stated is yet again you're sticking your comments into a subject you know zero about. That's a common theme from you.

So basically.. there isn't one for FF yet.. even though it's more secure/faster then IE and there is an IE one.. and there is a bunch of COM stuff in FF that you can uses to make one?

Then can someone please make one? Or tell me how I can make one? Please? :whistle:

• Moderators

What part about "they didn't make a publicly exposed interface" didn't you understand?

I think you lost him/her at "they".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Or tell me how I can make one? Please? :whistle:

The source code for all of the UDFs ship with AutoIt in clear text. Please do go take a look at them so that you might get a slight appreciation for the implications of: "could somebody please make one, I really want it".

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

What part about "they didn't make a publicly exposed interface" didn't you understand?

When you say "publicly exposed" what comes to mind is a visible gui, E.G. the buttons that I can see and click on.

And I'm not really sure what your meaning is.

You made one for that piece of shit ie, why can't one be made for Firefox?

And saying "read the fucking source code" doesn't help much..

• Developers

When you say "publicly exposed" what comes to mind is a visible gui, E.G. the buttons that I can see and click on.

And I'm not really sure what your meaning is.

You made one for that piece of shit ie, why can't one be made for Firefox?

And saying "read the fucking source code" doesn't help much..

Have you done any research after seeing the comments posted ?

Have you found any COM function available for FF ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)