Searching $input for value and errors

Digi

Hey there Guys and Girls...

First off Mass respect for the Designers and Testers of AutoIt its a Absolutely Great program... :whistle:

Now for my problem...... Prob just me being dense again...lol ;)

I have a Script I have created to help out at work, what the script does basically is gets a Servername as a Input from the user and then connects to that server gets the main server on that blade and then connects to it to run part 2 of the script...

Now on this point i need some assist, what i would like to do is this, if its possiable.

The user enters Value say GatewayServer1 and not server1 is it possiable to have a process where it searches the input value and should the first few letters = Gateway or GW it will then Bypass my process of getting the main server name and just connect and run the main process? :P

IE should $input contain GW* then run process CSDOWN, else run process Obtain server......

and i kinda need help on defining processes as well. lol...... ;) im still a N00B at this programming stuffs. :D

Saru Mo Ki Kara Ochiru[u]Direct Translation[/u]: Even monkeys will fall from trees.[u]I.E.:[/u] To Error is HumanMy Splash Screen applet: Splash Screen Coding

Found out how to do it... So thought ill post it for prosparity :whistle:

$servername = inputbox("Servername", "Please Enter Server name")

$servername2 = stringleft($servername, 2)

passwordloop() ;This is the Function Callup for Password Authentication

if $Rpasswd <> "pies" Then

MSGbox(0, "Error", "Password incorrect Program Aborted")

Exit

Else

If $servername2 <> "GW" Then

Nogateway()

Else

gateway()

EndIf

EndIf

---------------------------------

You setup sub function by doing....

Func *function name*()

;...

EndFunc

---------------------------------

Just remember to declare your Variables as globals if you going to use them between functions....

Just add them to the start of the file

Dim @Rpasswd, $servername......... ETC...

:P I know this basic for most but like me maybe there someone that can use the info ;)

Saru Mo Ki Kara Ochiru[u]Direct Translation[/u]: Even monkeys will fall from trees.[u]I.E.:[/u] To Error is HumanMy Splash Screen applet: Splash Screen Coding

Welcome to the forums Digi

Sorry no one answered your question... however

It seems you have found your answer

8)

Thanks Valuater

No biggy that i didnt get responce here, Peeps also busy with thier problems so i wasn't expecting the Fast reply or anything, i just happened to try something and it worked luckely, Dont worry Like i said, Im real new to this programming thing and still wanna get into it slowly, so learning as i try things... :whistle: