Hooking Autoit with programs..

I'm not all that knowledged in the autoit area, i read the help file, and browsed the forums. Although i may have missed some things, which is why i'm asking this question, basically, i want to know if one can have AutoIt hook into a program, therefore, macro'ing inside it, allowing you to minimise it?

i also want to know, howcome, when i turn on the AU_3 spy, it doesn't show the text in a site, wether it was opened in Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer?

As well as, is there a way to have Autoit search for certain text, and then grab the co-ordinates of the text? (well, say, the center of it)

[quote]If whenever you feel small, useless, offended, depressed, and just generally upset always remember......you were once the fastest and most vicious sperm out of hundreds of millions![/quote]

basically, i want to know if one can have AutoIt hook into a program, therefore, macro'ing inside it, allowing you to minimise it?

Do you just want to minize a program on demand? You could give a hotkey to a function that minizes either the active window, or a specific window title. I'm a bit confused by your phrase "hook into a program." If you want to intergrate the AutoIt script into a program, perhaps your code could call the AutoIt script that does the above idea?

i also want to know, howcome, when i turn on the AU_3 spy, it doesn't show the text in a site, wether it was opened in Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer?

Sometimes there is text that cannot be viewed even with the spy. If you want to parse something out of a webpage, you could try using the UrlDownloadToFile command on the html file, and then searching that for specific text.

As well as, is there a way to have Autoit search for certain text, and then grab the co-ordinates of the text? (well, say, the center of it)

Not that I know of. I think that would involve some advanced OCR, and that's some complext stuff.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Operating on minimised windows - Try this kind of thing...

;start the experiment
    Run("calc.exe")
    WinWaitActive("Calculator")
    MsgBox(0,"","Watch this;o)",3)    

;click the "5" button on a window that is minimised
    WinSetState("Calculator","",@SW_MINIMIZE)
    ControlClick ( "Calculator", "", "Button48" )   
    MsgBox(0,"",".. and see here ..",3)    
    WinSetState("Calculator","",@SW_RESTORE)

Accessing text from a web-page - With MSIE, you could do this...

;Assume the webpage is loaded and you want the text now.
    Send("^a")   ;select all text on the webpage
    Send("^c")   ;copy selected text to clipboard
    $sPageText = ClipGet()

Finding text - If you mean "find text on a web-page" .. you can use the browser to select the text...

Send("^f")   ;Start MSIE's find-on-page dialog
    Send("string to find")   ;this could be in a variable
    Send("{ENTER}")          ;this will select the text on the page