writing a image analysing script & need some help

as the title suggests i'm writing a script that checks for the color of a pixel at certain coordinates in order to discover what direction indicator is being displayed on a navigation application. this script as it stands does exactly what i need it to do on my computer. However if run on a computer with a different resolution or a computer where the window is not in the same location it cannot find the pixels. What i need is a method of determining where on the screen the direction indicator box is. in the attached image the blue box with the white arrow is where i'm checking for pixels. On my computer it sits at 0,75. Can anyone suggest a way via gui or a "wizard" script i can find the location of this 96x96 blue box? I tried using pixelsearch but the box is semi transparent so the color isnt always the same.

post-12550-1162397144_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonicxtacy02

Is the color set at 16bit on one PC and 32 bit on another? You may want to use a shade-variation on the color of the pixel you are searching for.

You may also want to use Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2) at the beginning of the script. That may make it more stable when searching for the pixel you want. This will make the pixel you are searching for only be searched for in the client area, not in the rest of the screen.

Is the color set at 16bit on one PC and 32 bit on another? You may want to use a shade-variation on the color of the pixel you are searching for.

You may also want to use Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2) at the beginning of the script. That may make it more stable when searching for the pixel you want. This will make the pixel you are searching for only be searched for in the client area, not in the rest of the screen.

no the color depth is 32bit on every computer i'm using. I will take ur advice on pixelcoord.