xml reading

z999

I'm writing a podcat downloader (name needed XD ). I have problems with reading the xml... I don't have Idea of how to do it. I have the _StrBetween (found here in the forum) function to do the actuall reading but I don't know how to convert it to variables. I don't have an idea for the algorithm itself... if you have any idea how to pass through the rows and identify each of them post it... I'm pretty stuck.

the code for _StrBetween

;==================================================================================================
; Function Name:        _StrBetween($sString, $sStart, $sEnd, $vCase, $iSRE)
;
; Parameters:           $sString:     The string to search
;                       $sStart:      The beginning of the string to find
;                       $sEnd:        The end of the string to find
;                       $vCase:       Case sensitive search:  Default or -1 = Not case sensitive
;                       $iSRE:        Choose whether to use StringRegExp or Regular Sting Manipulation to get the result
;                                     Default or -1:  Regular String Manipulation used (Non StringRegExp())
;
; Description:          Returns the string between the start search ($sStart) and the end search ($sEnd)
;
; Requirement(s)        AuotIt Beta 3.2.1.8 or higher
;
; Return Value(s)       On Success:    A 0 based array [0] contains the first found string
;                       On Failure:    @Error = 1: No inbetween string was found
;
; Author(s):            SmOke_N
;                       Thanks to Valik for helping with the new StringRegExp (?s)(?i) isssue
;==================================================================================================

Func _StrBetween($sString, $sStart, $sEnd, $vCase = -1, $iSRE = -1)
    If $iSRE = -1 Or $iSRE = Default Then
        If $vCase = -1 Or $vCase = Default Then $vCase = 0
        If $vCase <> -1 And $vCase <> Default Then $vCase = 1
        Local $sHold = '', $sSnSStart = '', $sSnSEnd = ''
        While StringLen($sString) > 0
            $sSnSStart = StringInStr($sString, $sStart, $vCase)
            If Not $sSnSStart Then ExitLoop
            $sString = StringTrimLeft($sString, ($sSnSStart + StringLen($sStart)) - 1)
            $sSnSEnd = StringInStr($sString, $sEnd, $vCase)
            If Not $sSnSEnd Then ExitLoop
            $sHold &= StringLeft($sString, $sSnSEnd - 1) & Chr(1)
            $sString = StringTrimLeft($sString, $sSnSEnd)
        WEnd
        If Not $sHold Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
        $sHold = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sHold, 1), Chr(1))
        Local $aArray[UBound($sHold) - 1]
        For $iCC = 1 To UBound($sHold) - 1
            $aArray[$iCC - 1] = $sHold[$iCC]
        Next
        Return $aArray
    Else
        If $vCase = Default Or $vCase = -1 Then $vCase = '(?i)'
        If $vCase <> Default And $vCase <> -1 Then $vCase = ''
        Local $aArray = StringRegExp($sString, '(?s)' & $vCase & $sStart & '(.*?)' & $sEnd, 3)
        If IsArray($aArray) Then Return $aArray
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc
oÝ÷ Ù©Ý&Þ§x(}§îËb¢{h­æ¶W¢±«­¢+Ø)Õ¹Éáµ° ÀÌØíáµ±9µ¤íչѥ½¸Ñ¼ÉÑ¡a50Ѽ¥±($ÀÌØíÕÉɹÑa50õ¥±=Á¸ ÀÌØíáµ±9µ°À¤($ÀÌØíѽѱI½Ý9Õ´õ}¥±
½Õ¹Ñ1¥¹Ì¡MÉ¥ÁѥȵÀìÀÌØíáµ±9µ¤($ÀÌØíɽÝ9Õ´ôÄ(%½ÈÀÌØíɽÝ9Õ´Q¼ÀÌØíѽѱI½Ý9Õ´($$ÀÌØí±¥¹õ¥±I1¥¹ ÀÌØíÕÉɹÑa50°ÀÌØíɽÝ9Õ´¤($$íÁÕСÉͽµ¥Ìäí̹ѡ¸ÌäíÌѼÉÑ¡¥±=H¥¹ÑÑȵѡ½(

why aren't you helping??? please...

Patience, Grasshopper.

Try some of these - research the functions called in the help file, modity as you need to.

HTH

$SEARCH = FileFindFirstFile("c:\oasis\log\*.xml")

; Check if the search was successful

If $SEARCH = -1 Then

$FILENOTFOUND="TRUE"

MsgBox(0,"file not found","NOT HERE!")

Exit

EndIf

Dim $aRecords

$FILE = FileFindNextFile($SEARCH)

MsgBox(4096,"FILENAME", $file)

If Not _FileReadToArray($FILE,$aRecords) Then

MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array error:" & @error)

Exit

EndIf

;read in each line....& blat it out to the screen.

For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0]

ToolTip($aRecords[$x],0,0)

Next

Results not guranteed. You use this at your own risk. I'm a noob.

The AutoIt help file should be interrogated.The Editor should be SciTe.The forums should have been searched.

my problem isn't opening the file or doing the actual reading. I need to recognize each line and then put it to the right variable. but because it's an RSS file it's even harder because the file has a header and then

<item>

<title>blabla</title>

<anotherThing>blabla2</another thing>

<withoutClosingTag type=1234 adress=http:\\www.blabla.com.blabla />

</item>

and then it's repeating and I don't know how to identify the line... using a switch or IF's and THEN's its very messy

i already tried _XMLDOMWrapper but he can't handle the multiple <item> tags. or i dont understand it right i asked for help about it but they didnt help me. plz help me i'm stuck and i dot want to make the function too much time consuming

• Moderators

i already tried _XMLDOMWrapper but he can't handle the multiple <item> tags. or i dont understand it right i asked for help about it but they didnt help me. plz help me i'm stuck and i dot want to make the function too much time consuming

The information (as stated) is already in a "Variable (array)" on the return for _StrBetween().

So do you have a test file (source) and the "exact" information you are trying to obtain?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

The information (as stated) is already in a "Variable (array)" on the return for _StrBetween().

So do you have a test file (source) and the "exact" information you are trying to obtain?

look at the way the file is built here it has 3 rows of version info then about 10-15 lines with specific tags to get and then... the repeating part. something that can be 2 or 100 <item> tags wich _XMLDOMWrapper can't handle (or I just didn't understood him.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please help me with understand to use _XMLDOMWrapper ??

I've read many topics about XMLDOMWrapper and didn't found information about difficult XPathes.

I have this TAG:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:vnet="http://www.aveva.com/VNET"

xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"

viewBox="0 0 5942.000000 4202.000000"

width="594.200009" height="420.200006">

------------ SRC Code ------------------------------------------------------------------------

$oXML = _XMLFileOpen($fname)

if @error or $oXML < 1 then

MsgBox(0, '', "Can't open SVG")

return

endif

$ncnt = _XMLGetNodeCount('svg[xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"]')

MsgBox(0, '', $ncnt)

------------ SRC Code ------------------------------------------------------------------------

My code doesn't work correctly. Variable $NCNT = -1 ??

How can i find it and get number of the children nodes?

Thanks,

Dmitry.

1.svg.txt