COM-code reference list?

I looked in the help file and around the site, but didn't find a list of all the COM-code actions/functions? If one exists can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks much.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Yeah, I was wanting to know about the methods I guess.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

• Developers

Yeah, I was wanting to know about the methods I guess.

Com support is build per software package... so there's no single reference...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Oh, I see. Right now I'm specifically looking at Internet Explorer. Is there a reference for it somewhere?

• Developers

Excellent questions. Are there some common resources to go search out the methods that work with different software programs?

Thanks.

The Helpfile also explains how you can browse information about the available Com objects on your PC using The "OLE/COM Object Viewer" ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

If you're looking for information regarding the COM collections, properties, and methods used in MS Word, Excel, and Access, the following items will be your best friends:

1. Macro recorder. Start recording, do what you want your script to do, stop recording, then examine the macro code that results in the VBA editor (ALT+F11).

2. The VBA object browser, available by hitting F2 once inside the VBA editor. You can get context-sensitive help on any supported object and its methods. Has a great search function.

3. MSDN's Office automation documentation, online: MSDN Office

4. Professional VBA books and tutorials.

I have used a combination of all of these things. I still do to this day.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]