Noob asking for help

Hi I am quite new to autoit and to scripting at all, but even after using search a couple of times i couldnt find the best solution for my problems.

Problem 1 :

I would like to prevent my program to be executed more than one times. I was planing to use regwrite for this but i am not sure that its the most efficient method.

Problem 2 :

I'd like to send data to my server and store it. I was using fpt.au3 for this and i sent the data in txt files (this isnt too fast with biger amount of data). Is there any faster way of data sending ( where i dont have to create a txt file just send the data directly)?

thanks i hope i wasn't too noobish :whistle:

My programs:[topic="40019"]Sudoku[/topic], [topic="41258"]Suitcase game & Random jokes[/topic], [topic="41641"]8 Queens[/topic], [topic="41679"]Puzzle Generator[/topic], [topic="42045"]Snake[/topic]My UDFs:[topic="41309"]Prime functions & Prime game[/topic]Other:Fake emailer

Hi I am quite new to autoit and to scripting at all, but even after using search a couple of times i couldnt find the best solution for my problems.

Problem 1 :

I would like to prevent my program to be executed more than one times. I was planing to use regwrite for this but i am not sure that its the most efficient method.

Problem 2 :

I'd like to send data to my server and store it. I was using fpt.au3 for this and i sent the data in txt files (this isnt too fast with biger amount of data). Is there any faster way of data sending ( where i dont have to create a txt file just send the data directly)?

for problem 1 look in the help file for _Singleton

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Problem 2 :

hmm, would'nt sending the file and just sending the data be the same?

Thanks, the only problem is that what if the script gets renamed and the scripts stay the same but there will be 2 with different names. I know its a totaly extreme situation but i need it at the moment..

Edited by bonebreaker
My programs:[topic="40019"]Sudoku[/topic], [topic="41258"]Suitcase game & Random jokes[/topic], [topic="41641"]8 Queens[/topic], [topic="41679"]Puzzle Generator[/topic], [topic="42045"]Snake[/topic]My UDFs:[topic="41309"]Prime functions & Prime game[/topic]Other:Fake emailer

hmm, would'nt sending the file and just sending the data be the same?

How can i recive the data with the ftp server if its not in a txt file ?

Edited by bonebreaker

Another noob question, how can i disable the error messages displayed when i run my exe file ?

like "autoit error - line 224 variable is not declared"

rofl... i just simply dont want these errors in the program, cause there might be some witch i dont find during the testing..

@OP,

For future reference, when posting a thread , make its title remotely pertinent to question/subject you are posting about.

This is the support section of the forum, its meant for questions, so naming a thread "I Have A Problem", or "Question", or "Help Me My, Code Doesn't Work", or "Noob Requesting Assistance" Is redundant, and makes it harder for anyone else who has the same/similar questions as you to find the answer by searching the forums, which in turn means people often make extra threads and people who are answering the threads just end up repeating themselves several times over.

It is counter-productive.

Edited by Paulie

Well i added my probblems in the description, but next time i'll be more careful.

Next question, how can i run two exe files with one ? I mean not by creating a 3rd that will launch both just having one that includes both.

Well i added my probblems in the description, but next time i'll be more careful.

Next question, how can i run two exe files with one ? I mean not by creating a 3rd that will launch both just having one that includes both.

I don't think I understand that...

Run ("program1")

Run ("program2")

??

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN