IE.au3 Help...

Alright, I'm working on a new script using IE.au3 functions...my problem is that while using a DOM viewer to break down a page and get frame/form names I'm coming across forms that have no name...and "input" buttons with no name. How would you "click" a button if you have the frame name, but not form name or name for the button? Can you use _IEAction to simulate clicks at a certain pixel location on the screen and if yes, how? Thanks for the help. :whistle:

Also, is it possible to send javascript commands via the address bar (or another way) while still maintaining the ability to run this script in the background?

<<EDIT>>

Several views on this topic, but no replies. Are my questions not detailed enough? This is my first time attempting to use IE.au3 so I'm still a bit confused on the functions and the help file just confuses me even more (go figure).

Edited by Nefarious

Alright, I'm working on a new script using IE.au3 functions...my problem is that while using a DOM viewer to break down a page and get frame/form names I'm coming across forms that have no name...and "input" buttons with no name. How would you "click" a button if you have the frame name, but not form name or name for the button? Can you use _IEAction to simulate clicks at a certain pixel location on the screen and if yes, how? Thanks for the help. :whistle:

Also, is it possible to send javascript commands via the address bar (or another way) while still maintaining the ability to run this script in the background?

<<EDIT>>

Several views on this topic, but no replies. Are my questions not detailed enough? This is my first time attempting to use IE.au3 so I'm still a bit confused on the functions and the help file just confuses me even more (go figure).

To get references to browser elements that have no name, please read about the *Collection () functions. For example, _IEFormGetCollection() and use the index parameter.

Re: the Javascript question, there's more than one answer so please provide more detail about what you're trying to accomplish.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

To get references to browser elements that have no name, please read about the *Collection () functions. For example, _IEFormGetCollection() and use the index parameter.

Re: the Javascript question, there's more than one answer so please provide more detail about what you're trying to accomplish.

Dale

Well, I figured out how to do the java part by using _IENavigate, but I'm still having problems with the other part of my question. I don't fully understand how _IEFormGetCollection works...I modded the sample code in the help file and it just returns a message box saying there is 1 form on this page...I know there is more than 1 form on the page. Sooooo I'm looking, instead, for a way to do a mouseclick using IE functions. I do NOT want the mouse pointer to be controlled like in mouseclick though. I want this script to be able to run in the background while I do other stuff in the foreground. I hope this makes sense. Thanks again.

You may have an issue with an Iframe. Try using _IEDocReadHTML to verify the current state of the page.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

You may have an issue with an Iframe. Try using _IEDocReadHTML to verify the current state of the page.

Dale

I finally got a chance to test this out and the site I'm trying to use it on just flips out...a simple fix for my problem would be to be able to send a simulated "mouseclick" while maintaining the ability to keep this script running in the background and not tie up my mouse/puter from doing other things in the foreground.

As a side note, I'll send the script I have so far to anybody willing to help via PM. I don't think the forums will allow me to post 2700+ lines of code or I'd do it here.

Please PM me or post here if you are wanting to see my current script. Thanks for the help, guys, you are all awesome. :whistle: