ToolTip Icons

GEOSoft

Has anyone found a method of changingte Tip Icons?

I don't really want to change them but I would like to add one. that's the Idea (light buld) so that I can use them as hints.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Do you mean the icon in the ToolTip-bubble ? If so, then check out ToolTip's 5th parameter.

If you're thinking of using a custom icon there, then I can say that haven't seen that done

before, meaning it might not be possible.

u mean the icon of the program at the bottom right when its running? u have to change the icon when u compile it for it to change

Not really. You can change the icon by using TraySetIcon(). Edited by Helge

Theoretically, yes. The icon flag for the ToolTip() function should accept an HICON. You will have to use DllCall() and the Windows API to get your HICON. However, once you make it that far, you should be able to pass it instead of one of the pre-defined flags to use that custom icon.

Theoretically, yes. The icon flag for the ToolTip() function should accept an HICON. You will have to use DllCall() and the Windows API to get your HICON. However, once you make it that far, you should be able to pass it instead of one of the pre-defined flags to use that custom icon.

Thanks for the info@Valik. I might just create another GUI to display a tip on startup to take care of that part but mouse-over tips could be best solved using your method I think.. I'll see what I can do with it Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"