How to collect data from a java table?

I need some help. I have a app. that was created in java not a javascript. Some of the windows use tables to display data. I currently have an AutoIt script that uses the keyboard and clipget to read all the data from these tables in to a database. I would like to read the tables directly using AutoIt like I can with Robot. It would be much faster.

Using "AutoIt Window Info" I can't see much. I get two classes SunAwtDialog & com.firepond.salesmobile.MainFrame.

Any ideas on how to get data from the java tables?

Thanks.

Can I have a link to Robot to see how it works?

maybe he is talking about "AI Robot". http://www.newdigitalsoft.com/airobot/index.html

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I really felt good reading that. All the products on that website are crap! My programs are way better and more useful than anything on that website. :whistle:

Edit: 1,111 Posts ;)

No it's IBM's Rational Robot using SQABasic GUI. Not that I like Robot, but it does have a drives so you can look at java objects or classes during runtime, like pulling all the data out of a java table. It still an ok automated testing interface, but it cost a lot for every module and license. I think it was a lot easier to use, when it was NOT owned by IBM. I used it for a long time in another life. But the department where I am now they it's not in the budget. So, I started using AutoIt and have found that that with AutoIt and if needed vb I can for the most part I can do just about everything I could with Robot, for a lot less money ($0)! However the app. that I have to test with was created with java and the user interface sucks big time. Our It department had a Robot contractor in here for a short time and he was able to pull data out of the java tables I need. But he and Robot are no more.

Anyway Manadar here's a link to start looking for what it's worth.

Writing Java Proxies for Rational Robot

If someone had a way to grab data out of a java table in an app. that is currently running, even using vb,c or anything I could use with AutoIt, that would be great! Instead of using the keyboard cursor movements and the clipboard.