Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Startup Manager

9 posts in this topic

My idea is to have a sort of delayed startup with priorities.

When you computer loads the startup applications, it does about 2 first and then like every 2 minutes it would run another then another.

An Example:

Initial Startup

This program

Anti Virus program

Maybe Msn

1 minute later

Java updates or something

1 minute later

2 updaters (virus scan)

1 minute later

computer updates

This would make it so that you could use your computer a lot faster because all the updates are not checking at once.

The user would be able to choose which startup applications he wants ant which time.

Unfortunately i have no idea where to start, so help would be appreated

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Take a look at RunWait in the help file.

Then you obviously have to remove all references in the registry ..\Run and in the startup folders.

Is there a function or something that will find all the current startup processes.

Because i am going to share this with friends

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

You could probably search scripts and scraps for one.

In the registry:

[HKCU|HKLM]\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\[Run|RunOnce]

Or use the tools you find at www.sysinternals.com

ok

dam still stuck

Stuck in what way?

For $i= 1 to 10
    $var = RegEnumKey("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", $i)
    If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
    ConsoleWrite( "SubKey #" & $i & " under HKLM\Software: "&  $var & @LF)
Next

Use this to export the startup list if you don't want to write your own. Take the entries and create the RunWait, run .. sleep sequence or what ever suite you best.

I think i am on to something.

Thanks Uten