Default passphrase on compiled scripts

On the AutoIt script to exe converter dialog box there is provision for a passphrase to be entered. I use this all the time if I need to protect my scripts. However, I would like AutoIt to allow me to enter a default passphrase, remember it and to recall it every time I click on the "default" button. Is this the reason this button is provided and if so how do I get it to work? I have looked through all the AutoIt documentation and I cannot find anything about it. And on the page about compiling scripts with Aut2Exe it shows the button but says nothing about it! If I try it, the button doesn't seem to do anything. :ph34r: Anyone know how I can get a default password into AutoIt and then subsequently use it? Thanks.

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

On the AutoIt script to exe converter dialog box there is provision for a passphrase to be entered.  I use this all the time if I need to protect my scripts.  However, I would like AutoIt to allow me to enter a default passphrase, remember it and to recall it every time I click on the "default" button.  Is this the reason this button is provided and if so how do I get it to work?  I have looked through all the AutoIt documentation and I cannot find anything about it. And on the page about compiling scripts with Aut2Exe it shows the button but says nothing about it!  If I try it, the button doesn't seem to do anything.  :ph34r:  Anyone know how I can get a default password into AutoIt and then subsequently use it?  Thanks.

You could just write a script to do that

Use the command line function of aut2exe and place the compiled aut2exepass in the path

Rick

Sorry, we're at cross purposes here. I think I could have articulated my problem more clearly. So here goes.

When I compile an AutoIt script using the Aut2Exe compiler, I want the same default passphrase that I define to be used for every compile. My question is therefore, how do I define a passphrase and how do I get the Aut2Exe compiler to use it?

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

Sorry, we're at cross purposes here.  I think I could have articulated my problem more clearly. So here goes.

When I compile an AutoIt script using the Aut2Exe compiler, I want the same default passphrase that I define to be used for every compile.  My question is therefore, how do I define a passphrase and how do I get the Aut2Exe compiler to use it?

At the present time you don't. The suggestion above was to write a script to do that for you using the command line paramaters of the compiler such that it will use the same password. You could even design it to take the name of the file as a paramater, and then, I believe, you can take the file and just drag it onto the exe that you've created.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

JdeB has written a script that does this..... If you install http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/then you should get a new entry on the context menu of scripts called "Compile with Options"...

"Compile with Options" runs an AutoIt script, and you can edit the source code of that script to provide a default passphrase. (Simply modify the variables $INP_PASSPHRASE = "" and $INP_PASSPHRASE2 = "") However, the script requires an "unstable" beta version of AutoIt.

It's harder than in sounds, but here's the summary.

1) Install SciTE with JdeB's installer

2) Install the latest unstable AutoIt version autoit-v3.0.102.exe

3) Find "CompileAu3" in the SciTE install folder and change the PASSPHRASE variables.

4) Compile that script using the latest unstable autoit version

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!