TCP Port bug

fl0

The function TCPConnect only works up to a certain number

I run a Teamspeakserver on TCP Port 70000. When i used TCPConnect i got @error = 2 (=> wrong port).

So i changed the TCP port to 40000 and restarted the Teamspeakserver. Now my program worked great. After i changed it back to 70000 again there was the same error as before.

I run a Teamspeakserver on TCP Port 70000.

No, you don't!!

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I run a Teamspeakserver on TCP Port 70000. When i used TCPConnect i got @error = 2 (=> wrong port).

So i changed the TCP port to 40000 and restarted the Teamspeakserver. Now my program worked great. After i changed it back to 70000 again there was the same error as before.

can you follow the directives to write a BUG report?

Thanks

PS If you really use 70000, that your error as a port number cannot be greater than 65535

Edited by jpm

Thats the most weird thing i ever heard about tcp/ip , as gafrost say the only port which exist in the computer are from 1 to 65535

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!

I would say there was no error. I would imagine the value overflowed thus opening port 4464.

That's exactly what happens if you create a socket on port 70000 with Perl for windows.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

How about IPv6?

"Limits" of TCP and UDP stay the same with IPv6. We are running out of internet routable IP addresses, not TCP/UDP ports!

Cheers

Kurt